Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re :HM...
7/13/2006 7:01:53 AM

So you found me Kenneth .. you get an "A" for effort ....

Let me clarify the 300k business statement. Business are not allowed in residential area. Additionally, kennels and similar activities are not permitted in residential neighborhoods. This is why the Town of Smithtown is going to leagally make them relocate.

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2006 7:58:26 AM
Hi Linda, Kenneth and all,

Sonny,  I have been following this thread since the beginning.

I have been watching you "change your tune" during your posts - from the "anonymous hostile ranter" to the "reasoning caring neighbour" you say you are. 

there are a couple of things that have come to my attention.

You keep talking about it being a 300K business - Stop right there.  This is not a profit making commercial business - it is a charitable non-profit making concern.

Secondly, you say that you protesters are good caring people with love for animals, but that these people have "grown out" of their space and there are lots of nuisances for their neighbours.

Well if you are all such good and caring people, why dont you do something good - like finding these good people a VIABLE alternative site so that they can continue to do their work and save these animals from certain death.  And I said VIABLE - that is - affordable, larger, with good parking, etc etc.

That would be more "Caring" than jumping up and down and protesting and bringing up "the rules" so that these animals have to be killed for lack of an alternative.

If you "caring neighbours" did that, then maybe people would not be questioning your sincerity.  You've changed your tone a great deal during this forum,  but I'm afraid that we are still not convinced.

Saludos
Jenny
+0
Jenny ....
7/13/2006 8:56:58 AM

You need to understand the frustration level from the neighbors.. the last 2 or so years dealing with AG. We tried to work with the organization regarding our complaints. They were not addressed as far as we are concerned and we then asked the town to deal with it. 

As there is tremendous support for this organization, these people can step up with their help like they have stepped up with their cash, I am sure there will be no casualties.  

As far as finding them a site, they can again reach out to their countrywide support to assist. 

+0
7/13/2006 9:30:50 AM

Hi....

============
You keep talking about it being a 300K business - Stop right there.  This is not a profit making commercial business - it is a charitable non-profit making concern. Secondly, you say that you protesters are good caring people with love for animals, but that these people have "grown out" of their space and there are lots of nuisances for their neighbours.

Well if you are all such good and caring people, why dont you do something good - like finding these good people a VIABLE alternative site so that they can continue to do their work and save these animals from certain death.  And I said VIABLE - that is - affordable, larger, with good parking, etc etc. That would be more "Caring" than jumping up and down and protesting and bringing up "the rules"

============

Bravo, Jenny, what a great post.

============
You need to understand the frustration level from the neighbors.. the last 2 or so years dealing with AG. We tried to work with the organization regarding our complaints. They were not addressed as far as we are concerned and we then asked the town to deal with it. As there is tremendous support for this organization, these people can step up with their help like they have stepped up with their cash, I am sure there will be no casualties. As far as finding them a site, they can again reach out to their countrywide support to assist.
============

Sonny, the sentence I bolded reeks of bitterness to me. When you first came here, you were belligerant and hostile. Look at the photo you are using. Is that mockery? Bitterness? If that's the attitude you've had in your dealings with Angel's Gate, it's no wonder you've gotten nowhere.

Here's what I think. I think if you gave a tinker's damn about those animals, you'd be at the front of the team helping them find a bigger place to help them grow even more for the benefit of the animals.

I think if you gave a damn about the animals, you wouldn't keep bringing up "the money" and "the rules."

If you want anyone to believe you actually care about the welfare of the animals, you're going to have to figure out a more sincere way to show it.

Talk is cheap.

Linda

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Angels Gate Closure - If you love animals (pets) please click this.
7/13/2006 11:43:42 AM
Hi Linda, i think you are wasting your time here If Sonny's last comment is anything to go by ---------------------------------------------------- " As far as finding them a site, they can again reach out to their countrywide support to assist. ------------------------------------------------------- The protests Sonny makes saying all the neighbours are caring animal lovers who just want to find a solution FOR EVERYONE are just so much HUMBUG (you can say Humbug on Adland without putting asterisks cant you?) or perhaps it would be better to say they are Terminological Inexactitudes. (Our Friend Neil Reinhart has a better word for this) They just want these people OUT and they couldn't care less what happens afterwards. Save your breath Linda and lets just continue to work to support Angel Gate the best we can. Love Jenny
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!