Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Hurt, Humiliation and Human Beings
6/26/2006 4:08:26 AM
Hi Mary, Thank you for reminding me about your excellent forum. I hope many more people from the community at least take the time to read what you have done so much research and study to produce. God bless, Dave
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2006 1:46:57 PM

Hi Beverly,

I just had to make a little comment about your post stating we are the "rude Americans". I am American and not rude. Some Americans are rude, many are not, at least in the midwest where I reside. In the forums where the heated arguments took place some of the rude insulting comments were made by Americans, but some were made from those in other countries who chose to make disparaging comments about the USA. Their descriptions of our country were not anywhere near the views I have about my country. I was unhappy with how they see America. I think when Americans make negative comments about our politicians they do not realize that people outside of the USA may misunderstand what is being vocalized. We can disagree with politicians but still love our country. We can dislike war but support our military for all they do.

DonnaZ

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2006 2:20:25 PM

Dave,

This is a very good forum and your advice is right on target. I particularly agree with not attacking someone's country as several did in the nasty forum exchanges you reference. The comments they made about the USA were way off target as far as I am concerned. 

Our military are dying in Iraq. Just last week our Red Cross director buried her son who was killed there while on his last mission before returning to the United States. He was hit in the back of his head by missile fire. He was a religious patriotic 23 year old who was fighting for freedom for the oppressed.. He paid the ultimate price. When condemning our president or other politicians people lose sight of the brave military who put their lives on the line. They go where they are sent. They are not hateful warmongers as some would say. Their purpose may differ from the purpose of some politicians.

Don't put all Americans in the same boat (those of you who attack our country). You may think you know what is going on because you read about or watch the news. Our media is not unbiased. There are a lot of anti-administration media in the US. They dwell on all the negatives and rarely mention the positives. People tend to get a one-sided view of things if they believe everything they read in the newspapers or watch on news programs. We are a free country with freedom of speech. Many chose to criticize what goes on in our country because they have the freedom to do so. It does not mean that it is the truth or the belief of the majority. The majority may be silent...so you don't know their views.

We are all entitled to our opinions. We should feel comfortable stating them without fear of being verbally attacked. We can chose to disagree with someone without name calling or insulting them.

DonnaZ

+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/5/2006 3:45:05 AM
Hello Dave, You are suppose to be resting my friend.Ok take a very deep breath, close your eyes for a moment and just relax for afew!!!! God says let them slap our cheeks, even turn your cheek so they may slap the other side. Let them reap what they sow,they have to answer for there deeds,We can continue sharing the word but untill they open there hearts to god for those of who want to do so,all the rest will be speak out of ignorance, but Bravo for you Im cheering you on,your a magnificient man Mr,Dave.Bravo/You have a very blessed weekend.Kathy/simikathy
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2006 9:49:38 PM
Hi Kathy, Thank you for the words of encouragement! I appreciate your friendship very much. I am actually getting better, thank you, but do have a lot of catching up to do and do not want to overdo it. You are most correct in stating that the answer is for people to open their hearts to God. It is only God who can truly change people's hearts, and then only when they are willing to submit to him and let him do the work. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!