Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: My Circle of 'Fiends'
6/7/2006 3:58:50 AM
Hi Cheri and Sandy, First of all, I would have to say that I enjoy reading whatever either of you write, and admire your intelligence, good humour and straightforward style. While poor spelling and/or grammar create a very bad impression, I find it appalling, but not surprising, that people are put off by what they see as disabilities. It is, unfortunately, human nature. What most people do not realize is how rewarding and interesting it can be to pay attention to and get to know all people regardless of what life challenges they may or may not face. Whether we agree with others or not, their views can still interest and challenge us! One of the most brilliant physicists of all time is Stephen Hawking. He is extremely challenged physically, but has an amazing I.Q. and has been able to take theoretical math and physics far beyond anyone who has come before him. He has done this while totally confined to a wheelchair suffering from advanced ALS. I do not personally agree with all of Mr. Hawking's theories, but I admire and enjoy his intelligence and wonderful ability to put his thoughts on paper in a way that anyone can read. His physical restrictions do not even begin to detract from my first, last or in between impression of him. Those who would judge a person based simply on the physical try my patience immensely. God bless, Dave
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/7/2006 7:21:11 PM
Hi Dave, I had to come over and see who your circle of "Fiends" were.LOL I don't mind a few mistakes in the forums, I understand that most people are busy, but I don't understand it on a webpage, for a business. This comes across to me as being very un-professional. And as such I would question the sites credibility. If you don't have the time to correct mistakes on your site, why should I believe that you will have the time to take care of me in a business-like manner? Thanks for the forum. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/8/2006 4:11:26 AM
Hi Deborah, You have hit the point exactly. ====================================================== If you don't have the time to correct mistakes on your site, why should I believe that you will have the time to take care of me in a business-like manner? ========================================================== That is a very powerful statement and very likely what is on the mind, perhaps subconsciously, of those who come to a site and see it filled with mistakes. The real power of the "little guy" in this great big online world is the ability to give friendly, personal service. A sloppy site says, rather loudly, "I don't care about you; I just want your money!" God bless, Dave
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/8/2006 11:48:27 AM
Thanks, Dave and Cheri for your straight forward and honest coments! This really turn into a wonderful discussion!
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2006 4:26:30 AM
Hi Sandy, It is my pleasure! God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!