Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: My Circle of 'Fiends'
6/5/2006 9:46:08 PM
Hi Flo, It's a very good idea to use a spell checker like IESpell. One important thing to note, though, is is won't pick up mistakes like their, there, and they're when they're used incorrectly. I recommend for those who are not completely sure of their writing skills to find someone to proofread for them. While it may not be quite as important in a forum, it's absolutely critical in business communications. ===================================================== Here's your mistakes Dave! chick .. check subject lone .. (not sure what your saying here) maid .. made eros .. errors ======================================================== I'm glad you spotted them, Flo! You were paying attention. The one you were unsure of should read "subject line." God bless, Dave
+0
6/5/2006 9:46:27 PM
Dave, We see where you are a AdlandPro member with 1,111 friends. We woulld like help you increase your friends list by one, if you desire to do so! You can learn more about us at http://community.adlandpro.com/go/219930/ and find what we stand for. You will see that we have a very diversified list of friends and you may want to invite some of them into your own circle of influence and expand your molecular loops. We wish you much success in your marketing program, and we are here to help you in any way we can. (That's within reason of course!) James & Billie Kinney Houston, TX 713-946-5872
James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2006 9:49:20 PM
Hi Ezra, In the business world - especially in the rather impersonal online world - no one can afford to be too busy to check their copy. One spelling mistake has the potential to lose many sales, and rather than give the impression that the writer is extremely busy, it conveys, instead, a sense that the writer doesn't really care. Note that some copy writers deliberately use spelling and grammatical errors in their copy. Can anyone tell me where and why? God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2006 9:54:04 PM
Hi James, We are on each other's lists already! God bless, Dave
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/6/2006 12:41:57 AM
Hi, Dave, Missed the 'fiends' the first time around--my brain saw 'friends'. Then a second glance did to me what it did to Linda, made me curious. Every now and then, someone posts that interesting paragraph where all the words have scrambled letters. Seems a study was done that proved our brains could unscramble them on the fly and the sense of the paragraph could be garnered almost as fast as if the spelling were correct. That's fine and even interesting, but it wouldn't make me confident in someone to have them pay no attention at all to spelling, grammar or syntax. Poor vision and all, I usually spot those, and it always causes me a moment's hesitation or doubt in the person. That said, anyone can make a mistake. I've done it, and I pride myself on writing properly. I'd have to say I would forgive someone I trust already for letting one slip through. First impressions, though...I'm not sure about that. If there were enough of them, I probably wouldn't go back to learn whether I could trust the person or not. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!