Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Theives Organize.
5/4/2005 9:20:47 AM
I have ran across more and more articles in the newspaper and on line in the last week than I can even keep up with. I am sure you have heard of the lexis Nexis Breach.... Criminals may have breached computer files containing personal information of 310,000 people, That is 10 times more than they origanally estimated. Another Head line We had was: ID use Sparks criminal probe" This is where someone had accquired an ID in someone elses name and used it to get a job at an adult club as a dancer..... Boy that will Look good on her credit report when she applies for a Loan or a Job!! Yes, I have heard that some employers check your credit report for some reason! Here's another article that was in the Wall Street Journal on April 7th... They were saying that Theives were organizing to steal peoples financial data and then sell or trade the information on underground internet site. This is costing consumers Millions of Dollars..... And maybe even their good credit! Stay tuned for more info!
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Theives Organize.
5/4/2005 9:29:23 AM
OK Here's a good one! This is newer than the previous info: DSW Shoe Warehouse estimates that thieves stole 1.4 MILLION Credit Card Numbers! WOW! I Have Shopped There!!! Fortunatly, I also Have Identity Theft Sheild!
+0
5/4/2005 9:35:55 AM
Hi Eileen, You're right...Identity theft is rising. Most often it occurs from information sent or stored on your PC and made available through different types of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, etc. which have been downloaded through the Internet. Most people do not even realize they may have these items working behind the scenes when they logon. If you would like more information on prevention tips visit our site at: http://www.sayeva.com/technology/spyware.html Windows users should make sure they have the latest updates installed. More information can be found at: http://www.sayeva.com/technology/xp2.html Hope this helps. Thanks
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/4/2005 9:41:00 AM
Ok This is The newest!! The Newly Wed Game..... Someone is Sending newly weds, information telling them since they are newly married they need to register..... Then they have a form to fill out asking for names, addresses,Phone Numbers, date of Birth and Of course SS#. This sure is a bad way to start off a new marriage.If only they were thinking Straight.... When you apply for your marriage license you have already registered with your state! Everything I am telling you has been in our news within the last week - month! I will Post updates as they arise!
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/4/2005 9:43:06 AM
Thanks For the reply Earl! And I appreciate the tips,I do have My identity theft sheild working for me. But I will check out the tips also!:) I bookmarked Your site for future use! Thanks
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!