Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Do you autosurf? (FBI wants tips... )
5/23/2006 9:27:03 PM
Hi: In another post, someone (Winston, I think?) asked what ever happened with the 12dailypro.com case. The attorney for Claris Johnson, LifeClicks, and 12DailyPro agreed to turn over all assets and records to a permanent legal receiver. The Fair Trade Authority has posted a 2 page report on 12DP & OTHER AUTOSURFS. There's a list of ponzis as long as your arm; http://www.fairtradeauthority.com/stormpay_12dailypro_report.php At the end of the report is a notation that the FBI wants information about autosurfs. Sick of autosurf ads? Go ahead, send in a tip. They want the public's help. If you are participating in an autosurf, I highly recommend that you do some reading to tell the difference between legit and illegal. Your friends won't stand up to protect you if your name is sent in to the government for illegal activity. They'll go hide under a rock for a while and come back when they think the coast is clear. Unless they're going down with you, that is. Does that sound harsh? It's not. When the FTC swooped in and froze accounts, we saw people lose their houses and their savings. THAT is harsh. Also reality. Capice? : ) Linda
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Do you autosurf? (FBI wants tips... )
5/23/2006 9:41:18 PM
Serves them right. Peddling this stuff to your "friends" is not being a "friend" at all. Gary
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/23/2006 10:04:51 PM
Linda, Just out of curiousity I followed that link in your post. WOW! Page 2 lists all the autosurf scams that have run out of money in the last 2 years - there's 100's of them. But I reckon the pushers of these things will all say: "Yeah but this one is DIFFERENT!" Drug pushers, scam pushers - same mentality, different product. Gary
+0
5/23/2006 10:05:14 PM
Hi ======================== Serves them right. Peddling this stuff to your "friends" is not being a "friend" at all. ======================== You know - I truly believe that most people really don't know. I think the *truly malicious* ones are actually very few. Mostly, I think it's a lot of very gullible and innocent people that trust their "friends" a little too easily. We aren't all Internet or business savvy and a lot of folks learn some very hard lessons in a very harsh way. I have friends and relatives that see me as "the savvy one" and if I (or a friend) told them to sign up, they probably would. They are not stupid. Just too trusting. I think that's what gets a lot of people into a bad situation. Trusting too easily. With the 12DP scam, the government has a LOT of names in their mitts. Just watch. I'm betting the IRS wants to see that list. It's ain't over until it's over. I take no pleasure in seeing anyone end up in hot water. That's why I warn folks. *sigh* : ) L
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/23/2006 10:11:55 PM
Linda, ================== "You know - I truly believe that most people really don't know." ================== Maybe. What about the serial offenders? They jump onboard all these "schemes" like a bunch of locusts. Be particularly wary folks if you hear these words: "You have to get in quick." That is the first hint. Gary
+0