Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Da Vinci Code
5/24/2006 8:03:15 PM
Hi Art, I didn't see Stigmata. I knew what it was about and deliberately didn't watch it. Now, I may be getting confused, but was the other one that silly movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger? If so, I did see that. I didn't like it at all. Another one I steered clear of was "The Passion of The Christ." I don't need to watch gratuitous pain and suffering in a movie. When you think about it the Harry Potter movies are weird and wonderful but I don't think they are hurtful or cause bad impressions on young minds. I haven't watched any of the HP movies but I have seen bits and pieces. Truth is, I felt they were kiddie movies and they didn't appeal to me. So, sorry, I couldn't really write anything worthwhile on either of those. Now, "The Highlander" starring Christopher Lambert - THAT is a movie to be rapturous about! One of the best I have seen. Gary
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/24/2006 8:10:05 PM
Oops! Art, I meant to say get well in my last post. I hit the send button just as I remembered it. Also, you made such great commentary on Dave's "moonie" thread. It was excellent and I rated it 10/10. Couldn't have put it better myself. In fact, Art, I'm hoping to get a blog on my website soon. Would you mind if (when it is ready) I could reproduce what you have said and send it out to my opt-in list? I just think it was so good and so truthful. I really admire what you said. Regards Gary
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/27/2006 1:09:42 PM
Hi, Gary, As far as I am aware, the forums are public domain so you don't need my permission to reproduce anything I may have written - but thank you very much for asking. I highly recommend the Harry Potter movies - they are pure escapism and very entertaining. Yes. it was Arnie in 'End of Days'. How could you not believe a film containing exploding urine and a suave devil who has to have his meetings in a broken down cinema? As for the Vatican hit squad - well doesn't everybody know about them? Dan Brown does. I do highly recommend two historical movies, Ice Age and Ice Age 2 (The Melting) - absolutely brilliant - I wish I could have been there! As you can imagine - I do sometimes have to resort to canned entertainment - you will be surprised how heavy a book can get.
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/8/2006 4:16:46 AM
Hi Gary, Make sure to let us all know when you have your blog going. I'm sure it will be most interesting reading. Art, the world could sure use a blog from you, as well. God bless, Dave
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/23/2006 11:10:39 PM
Hi Dave, Interesting forum as usual. I don't watch movies and rarely watch TV except for Indy car races, NFL select games, the weather channel, and occasionally the news. There is very little about TV that I find interesting or worthwhile. Movies have too much sex, vulgarity, or violence for my tastes. I am from the era of Leave It To Beaver, Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, The Beverly Hillbillies, and other light hearted entertainment that no longer exists. DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!