Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: THE SUBTLETY OF LANGUAGE
5/16/2006 5:43:10 PM
Good day, I have read this article in the past, and just want to add that it does`nt matter if you speak in English, French, Spanish .... the same rules apply over and over, is the glass half empty or half full, when in fact you better get a second one before the first one is emptied... All around us in the Media, paper, tv, every single one of them always report the bad news because it shock people and get them to react, saddly very seldom do they report a good news. So it is up to us to look at the positive side of things, and this article falls right in place to make us think about our way of thinking and what we can do to change our lives and make it better, the best part is when you do, do good things around you and make your environment a better place to live; people get attracted to you because you are doing something different, is it out of curiousity or jealousy, I don`t know ?? But I do know that one good action at the time gets me a long way towards a better living for myself my familly and friends alike. Keep up the good work Tim, although I seldom reply to your posting, I read all of them. :-) God Speed Sylvain
Sylvain Richard owner of Http://www.dollarsflip.com
+0
5/16/2006 7:12:30 PM
So true Tim. I am really working on changing my thoughts & words to be very positive. I am using the trick of wearing an elastic band around my wrist & 'ping' it (hard enough to sting :)) whenever I catch myself being negative. I don't think it will take too long, it hurts too much :)
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/17/2006 1:18:24 AM
Tim, It's good to see you, and may I say you're in fine form with another great Jim Rohn article. Though I absolutely agree with the main thesis here (who could not?), I think there was an extra gem of wisdom right near the end in this sentence: I'm telling you the same changes and the same rewards in some different fashion are available for those who pay that six-year price. So often we give up after a few months, a couple of years. This instant society wants instant rewards. We'd be so much better off to carefully look at what we choose before we jump in, and then stay the course. Cheri
+0
5/29/2006 1:59:29 PM
Hello Tim, What a marvelous lesson for today. I learned this the hard way and in my 30's actually. I had a very negative upbringing and carried that with me until my mid 30's when my life when into a crisis. By then I was so far down and so very ill, let's see, how do they say it down here in Mississippi? That I had to pull my socks down to look out. For me it was a very slow process, but I searched for answers and I did find them. I found people who taught me how to be positive and how to have a new outlook on life. I changed my thinking. It was a slow process that took eight years but I became a different person. Now when tragedy hits, and it has, I deal with it in a different way. I know that I have control and even though I may be sad or cry, I know that I have the power to change things. Being in control of your life doesn't mean that you are happy all the time. And tears are cleansing. Holding back your feelings will repress you and then it will depress you. So, you must express yourself but it must all be constructive. I teach my bus kids how to use words. When they come out with something negative, we turn it around to positive. I have a rule that on the bus there is no negativity, thereby at least building in a habit that while they are at a certain place they must be positive. Hopefully, they will get in this habit in every area of their lives. I tell them that our bus is a happy bus, it's a magical bus. In conclusion, it's the way you look at everything. And yes, words are powerful. Use them wisely. Kindest regards,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!