Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How NOT to Make Money Online
5/12/2007 5:53:27 AM
Hi Dave, I was looking over all the threads of your forum and found this one that no one had read in quite some time !! I like that you wrote up a simple specific straight forward explanation about the "too good to be true" so-called OPPORTUNITIES that you need to steer clear away! all my best Beth ps... I still don't know what an HYIP? is ... I should look it up in Wikipedia!
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How NOT to Make Money Online
5/13/2007 3:57:28 PM
Hi Beth,

HYIP means High Yield Investment Program.  Almost all of them are scams.  I say "almost all," only because I certainly don't know everything, but so far have never found one that is any good.

You may be interested to know that some very high profile ALP members with great reputations have sent me links to HYIPs that they are quite sold on, which I have joined and invested in on a very small scale.  Just as I expected, they have all gone under, including those that have been around the longest.

Very simply, if the math doesn't work, the program won't work.  There is a good reason why banks pay very low interest, right now.  It's impossible to make anything more than a few percentage points on any safe investments in the present world economy.  Even the chartered banks and highly reputable investment companies will tell you that mutual funds (a common investment) can be risky, and they certainly don't pay more than 10 percent interest.  These are funds that are administered by highly qualified investment strategists with many years of experience.

So... when you see a company promising to pay 10 plus percent per day, stay away from them!  You will definitely lose.

God bless,

Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!