Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tom
Tom Sparrow

666 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Lessons of Failure, Part Two
5/12/2006 9:44:42 PM
Persistance is the key! Keep on keeping on! I do not try and convince people though! I always try and find out what they want, not what I want...If you remember this and learn to be a good listener, you will WIN every time. Once you knwo their wants and needs, you can taylor your conversation to circle around them! My Best! Tom http://www.switchtosuccess.com/scubapro48 http://www.gasclubusa.net/go/positive1/
Tom Sparrow-CEO Health Innovations & Marketing, Inc. http://tomsparrow.info (FULL PROFILE) scubapro48@gmail.com Skype: tom.sparrow53 248-624-0942 or 248-705-9716
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/13/2006 1:54:49 AM
Hi, Art ================================================= Human beings do need convincing and the only true conviction any human being has is what they have learned by direct experience. ================================================= I think you've hit the nail on the head with the reason our kids have to try things for themselves, at least to some degree. It breaks down if you take it to it's logical extreme conclusion. I don't have to put my hand on a hot stove to be convinced it's hot, but I take your point. As for your question, have you never been in the position of wanting to quit a bad habit, not because it was what you really wanted but because you knew you truly needed to? Take smoking, for example. Or overeating. Though I have never smoked, I have battled a weight issue since my twins were born. They are now 25 years old. Sometimes I give in to the desire to enjoy the foods that I know will sabotage my weight loss goal. I'd love to just eat what I want in the quantities I want. Always when the scale reaches a number that shall remain a deep dark secret, I recommit to the goal of reaching my ideal weight, and begin the arduous task of taking the weight off again. I never stop believing that someday I will find the way to enjoy the foods I love without gaining weight. I'm going through that process now, and hope I have finally found the key to having both--pleasure in my food and the slender, healthy body that's hidden inside the one I wear daily. Yes, I think I'll stand behind that one. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/13/2006 1:55:43 AM
Scott, I appreciate your being here, and your support. Thanks for letting me know. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/13/2006 1:57:42 AM
James, ================================================= I think someone said "Failure is just Success turned inside out." One day you'll get up on the right side of the bed and find yourself just where you wanted to be if you keep at it' ================================================= I like that! Thanks for sharing it with us. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/13/2006 2:02:28 AM
Tom, ================================================= I do not try and convince people though! I always try and find out what they want, not what I want... ================================================= You are very focused on your goal of succeeding in MLM, aren't you? Your comment is very true with regard to developing relationships with potential business partners. My article was aimed at the mental game of convincing yourself to persist, not someone else. I have no doubt that you have won that one. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!