Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: weird fact of the day 5.6.06
5/6/2006 9:42:08 PM
HI LARRY, I didn't know that about the languages, I get so edumicated in here though! (Redneck). I know a little Spanish took one year in High School. ADIOS AMIGO! See you later, Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/6/2006 10:12:59 PM
Hi Larry, Thanks for the information. I have read where Muscovite Russian, Mandarin Chinese and English are the three of the most difficult languages to learn and yet, they are three of the most widely spoken. Since languages just developed over time, without any real plan, all languages could be improved on. Due to this, there have been some languages which were scientifically designed to be easier to learn, write and speak. The most famous of these languages is ESPARANO. Since it's inception, there have been other scientific designed languages which are even more easy to learn and use. So, for many years now, I have been suggesting that each country teach it's children two languages. One would be the major language of that country and the other would be the scientifically designed language which the majority of countries voted to be their second language. IF this was done, in just two generations we would be able to communicate with the vast majority of all the people in the world who have been educated.
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/7/2006 12:59:29 AM
Neil, When I was young, French was considered a near-universal language. It was the language of diplomacy then. Esperanto was relatively new then, and was having a struggle for acceptance. I haven't heard of it being used for many years. Nowadays, most educated people virtually world-wide speak English, the language of commerce. I think it's a shame that American children aren't all taught some second language, the way children in other countries, particularly throughout Europe and Japan are taught English. Children have the easiest time learning a second language. My six-year-old grandson speaks fairly creditable Spanish because most of his schoolmates last year spoke it as their first language. Cheri
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/7/2006 2:03:09 AM
FIRST, OPPS, Sorry for the Double Post! The first time I tried to post, I got this message: -------------- "We have experienced some temporary problems. Please, try again... If you see this message continuously, please use the Community mirror site. Please contact the server administrator" --------------- Thus, I did not think it had posted and so I tried again and then found out, it had already posted. ---------------- SECOND, Hi Cheri, Well, I am 71 and to be honest, I do not remember French being considered a near-universal language. I do know it was spoken in a lot more places than it is now. And many years ago, I would have agreed we should learn one more language than just English. Now, I do not as there is NO way anyone can learn all the languages they may run in to. So, the answer is what I said before. Every country teach the main language of that country and the scientifically designed language selected to be use as a world norm. English is the offical language for air travel and is used in many other areas as well. I think more countries in Africa speak English than any other single language and it has become the de-facto world language. And last, as much as I dislike France, I would not speak French under any circumstances! While there may be a more ungratful nation in the world than France, I doubt it!
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Robert Coaster

581 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/7/2006 2:42:49 AM
Hi Larry, Thanks for sharing these facts i don't get to read them everyday but stop by when i can. They are very interesting. I took 2 years of Spanish in high school but forgot most of it since then.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!