Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Be a Person of your Word
5/4/2006 7:49:54 PM
Hello Michael, It seems to me that the woman was confusing your retail outlet with a rental outlet. Either that or ther Grandson did not like her choice of game. Hello Cheri, Indeed, communication is often the downfall of many real estate agents. Though, I doubt whether that would be the case with your good self. It was the same in my instance. I had urgent issues (damage) happening at one of my rentals and the RE agent was not responding. When he did he botched it all up then blamed the whole debacle on his wife who he rudely called a stupid b**** in front of us. That was when I lost all respect for him. I guess his wife wasn't too happy either. Hello Winston, Regarding the printer. I had a job that I wanted done for Christmas. I put it on a disc and took it down to their premises. I didn't hear back for a week so I called them. After several more telephone calls, during which promises were made that the job would be done in time, I went back. I waited and waited until I was "served." Then the young woman came out from the back of the shop with my disc in her hand and said... wait for it... "My computer can't read it!" The whole debacle would have been averted if she had taken 2 minutes to find that out the FIRST time I went there. They wasted three weeks of my time getting to that point. Duh! Regards to all Gary
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/4/2006 8:23:34 PM
Hi, Gary Thank you for your kind words. You touched on one of my pet peeves...the person who blames his shortcomings on someone else. That one sends me on rants sometimes, though seldom to the person who needs to hear it. I'm putting everyone here at Adland on notice. Don't ever tell me you didn't call me back because your secretary didn't give you the message. I don't care what you say, IT'S YOUR FAULT! If you truly have an incompetent secretary, why haven't you replaced her? And whether or not she's incompetent, don't dare to call her any kind of pejorative name, especially the one Gary mentioned, in my presence. OK, rant over. I feel much better, now. :-) Cheri PS, Gary, why is it that most of the time when I'm writing I can spell and am confident of the meaning of the words I use, but when I am writing and expect you to read it, I feel compelled to go look up both meaning and spelling? Glad I did, I had misspelled a word I've also apparently mispronounced all my life.
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/4/2006 8:38:20 PM
Ah Cherie, You are a funny bunny. It's coz you know that I have an eagle eye and think that I am gonna swoop. I know the word you were checking - LOL. Well done! See? You took the time to bother and you learned something. That tells me that you care about things. And you want to be correct. Gary.
+0
5/5/2006 10:33:29 AM
Hi Gary: ================================ It seems to me that the woman was confusing your retail outlet with a rental outlet. Either that or ther Grandson did not like her choice of game. ================================ Sadly, this happens all too often and was eventually the cause of my burnout and subsequent resignation from that job. I used to enjoy it (I mean, WHO WOULDN'T right? It's videgames. HELLO?) but after a while I had little capacity to handle customers who had no regard for policy regarding software returns and believed that if they yelled loud enough, they woudl get what they wanted. (Never the case with me. You want a refund by yelling? I'll make you work for it) ================================ I had urgent issues (damage) happening at one of my rentals and the RE agent was not responding. When he did he botched it all up then blamed the whole debacle on his wife who he rudely called a stupid b**** in front of us. That was when I lost all respect for him. I guess his wife wasn't too happy either. ================================ That fumes me. If you're incompentent...then admit to your mistake and your incompetence. You might still redeem some credibility points with me IF this doesn't happen often. I'm pretty lenient. However, if you blame someone other than you for your obvious incompetence and then to make things even worse call them something grossly derogatory and abusive such as that because you yourself lack the skill to perform your job effectively? I'd see to it that that RE was seriously reprimanded for his behvior. If I was having a bad day I'd probably knock his block off to boot. I'm truly sorry you had to witness such an event. I'd be stunned. If you chose never to deal with this particular RE ever again, I wouldn't blame you. With regards to the printer, that's simply unacceptable. Even having a best friend who is an offset printer who deals with this kind of stuff daily I can find no VALID excuse for such a poor display of professionalism. I certainly hope you were able to send out your christmas project on time. (Wow, I just realized how bitter and confrontational this post sounded. HAHA!) /rant
+0
5/5/2006 11:04:38 AM
Hi Linda: ========== Heh, heh. I swear I should sell tshirts. ========== AND bumper stickers :) Michael
+0