Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: My Latest Article
4/24/2006 2:32:59 AM
Amanda, Thanks for your kind words. I'm not always sure people appreciate my detailed answers. They do get very long. But I'm more than happy to have a conversation about whatever is on your mind. Though what I post in my forums is generally aimed at areas where I have expertise (or at least experience) and a business interest, I have a wide range of other interests as well and LOVE to talk, lol. One of the things that will get my feathers ruffled the fastest is poor customer service, and that includes--no I guess I mean especially--poor customer service from a government employee. As a taxpayer, I expect better treatment. You should, too. I'm sure you pay taxes, even though you weren't born here. You shouldn't be treated as a second-class citizen. So ask away, and I'll do my best to answer or find an expert for you. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: My Latest Article
4/25/2006 9:50:40 AM
Hi, Judy, I'm sorry you're upset. Obviously I'm not familiar with the financial picture in the UK. Is it not possible to save? The only suggestion I would have in that case would be that they need to make more money. Of course the internet comes to mind, but as we know, it's easier to get scammed and lose money than to dig out sound advice and make money here. Not that it can't be done...we also know that. As in all things, deferred realization of one's strong desires is a hard pill to swallow, and one that my generation hasn't done well in teaching our children. Sometimes there's nothing we can do except step back and let them learn the lessons of experience. I always try to tell my kids things about money, and they do what they want to do anyway. But most of them (3 of the 4) are beginning to get it. I guess I can't feel superior--it took me more than thirty years of adulthood to learn once and for all to get out of debt and stay out, including making an effort to pay off the mortgage early. I think my kids will get there sooner. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!