Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The Magic Carpet
4/9/2006 5:44:43 PM
Hello Everyone, A Great piece of advice to get your day going! The majority of people are pretty cautious. What makes people think the Internet is a like a magic carpet, where all you have to do is make some type of outlandish offer, and people will flock to you with their wallet wide open? How many E-mails do you get promising great riches or fantastic buys and you have absolutely no clue who sent it? Many of the return E-mail addresses are forged, and you have no possible way to ask to be removed from their mailing list or to respond to their offer. Despite the Federal Anti-Spam Bill, which became effective January 1, 2004, and set requirements for commercial e-mail, including opt-out provisions and valid postal addresses, many spammers are disregarding the law. They may give you a toll free number to call, where you will probably get a highly hyped recording, or they may provide a web site where you can place an order. What is missing from this picture? They are! It doesn't work that way folks! If you expect people to deal with you, they must be able to identify with you and/or your company. If your company is not well known, they must be able to identify with you. Remember the old saying - "Sell yourself first". When people are comfortable with you, the rest is easy. But how do I do this "you might ask". There are a number of ways and the web actually makes it easy. Put a picture of yourself on your web site with a short bio and contact information. If a person knows how to get in touch with you in case of a problem, it makes their purchasing decision a lot easier. Just last week, being in the market for some flat screen monitors, I found a seller on eBay who was selling them at a highly discounted price. He didn’t accept credit cards or PayPal, and wanted a certified check prior to shipment. He also didn’t have any history of selling on eBay and had a free email account – yeah sure. Tell people how you help your customers and the successes they have had. Let them know how they need the benefits of your product or service. This is the kind of information that will build confidence in your customers and prospects. A lot of people are reticent to give contact information on the web. They're afraid they'll get crank calls, or people will find out where they live. A real concern? I don't think so. There are ways around these types of problems. I have a second telephone line that forwards the call to voice mail during non-business hours. I also keep the "ringer" on low. While I can hear it in my office, I'm not bothered if it rings at night. Many places in the country don't have home delivery of their mail available, and a P.O. Box is their actual address. A Post Office Box is not ideal, but will be acceptable if a telephone number is provided. Before you try to sell anything on or off the web, remember to sell yourself first, and you won’t need a "magic carpet." -Bob Osgoodby Hope you all had a great weekend! Thanks Leanne Busby Post a free ad! http://epage.com/js/csp/45624.html _________________________________________
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Magic Carpet
4/9/2006 7:45:35 PM
Thank you, yes, who are they, what are they selling and what company? And you go to websites, and it is not identified? They want your name, address, email,etc before they can tell you? Ha, ha!!! And not a working email address? No reply to sender? You can't ask questions? I hate all the hype. Most people on internet would be helped by getting $500 to $1000 a month profit from their businesses, sales and recruits, etc. How realistic is it that you will makes $1000s in weeks. It takes 6 months to a year to establish in a GOOD business with GREAT Products! Linda
+0
Scott Reynolds

493 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/9/2006 8:41:58 PM
Hi Leanne, I totaly agree. Its hard to trust anyone on line and seem to keep getting worse. Most of us have learned the hard way to check before buying, but newbies come along every day and keep these crooks going. These SOB's are what makes our job so hard. We have to work three times harder to earn the trust of every customer. I don't blame the potential customers. How do they know who to trust? There is more and more junk floating around out there making it harder to find the "good stuff". Making sure you show up as "real" when checked on is crutial, and having a biz line is a great idea so people can get in touch with you without driving you nuts on your home phone.
+0
4/9/2006 11:36:26 PM
Hi Linda, Yes, I agree,there's a lot of garbage out there, when ever I'm introduced to a new program I always look at contact details. Thanks For posting Linda Leanne Busby Put yourself on my Map http://www.frappr.com/riverrat66
+0
4/9/2006 11:38:18 PM
Hi Judy, Thanks for your post,youve raised some good points.Have a good day! Thanks Leanne Busby Put yourself on my Map http://www.frappr.com/riverrat66
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!