Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Secure your Home when your on Vacation!
3/24/2006 3:19:46 PM
Hello everyone, Well, it's that time of year when we all start thinking about our annual vacation. Here are some useful tips for you on how to make your Home secure! You are going on Vacation-Help Burglars take on too! An empty house is a tempting target for a burglar. Use this checklist of tips to help safeguard your home while you're away. 1, Have good locks on all doors and windows and USE THEM! 2, Ask a neighbour to watch the house while you are away. It's a good idea to leave your vacation address and telephone number with a neighbour so you can be reached in case of an emergency. 3, Never leave your house keys hidden outside your home. 4, Stop all deliveries, or arrange for a neighbour to pick up your mail, newspapers and packages. 5, Arrange for someone to mow your lawn, rake leaves and maintain the yard to give your home the lived-in look. 6, Use plug-in timers to turn on lights, also to turn a radio or television on and off at appropriate times. This helps to disguise the fact that you are away. 7, Never advertise your absence on answering machine messages!!!! 8, Leave your blinds, shades and curtains in a normal position. Don't close them, unless that is what you normally do when your at home. 9, Close and lock garage doors and windows. Ask a neighbour to occasionally park in your driveway. If you leave your car at home, park it as you normally would. Vehicles parked outside should be moved occasionally to appear that they are being used. 10, Tell your local police that you plan to be away. Patrol officers may have the opportunity to periodically check your home. 11, Engrave your valuables as recommended in Operation I.D. This simple step will allow your stolen property to be identified and returned to you if recovered by the police. Traveling Safety You've taken the correct steps to make your Home secure, now here's some tips for when you travel. 1, If you are driving, make sure your vehicle has been properly serviced and is in a suitable condition for the journey. 2, Try to have specific directions and routes to your destination. 3, If you get lost, call the local police for directions or assistance 4, Always keep your vehicles doors and windows locked while on the road. 5, At stoplights and other traffic delays, leave enough space in front of your vehicle so that you have an escape option in case of emergency. 6, Let someone know the route you intend to travel and your itinerary. This will help authorities in locating you if there is a need to do so. 7, Plan your trip carefully and allow for factors such as weather, fatigue, facilities for lodging, food and fuel. Be sure you have sufficent finances, either cash, travellers checks or credit cards. 8, Ask the Hotel or Motel staff about their security measures so you know what to expect. 9, Use the Hotel safe to store your valuables during your stay. Most, if not all of these tips are valid where ever you live, or are, in the world. For Americans travelling on road trips or weekends away. We have a large range of Personal alarms, additional locks for Hotel/Motel rooms, Personal protection products in the form of Stun Guns, Tasers & Pepper Sprays. We also have a range of home security products, Alarm systems, CCTV systems & hidden safes at our Internet Security Store. P&T's Personal & Home Security Store.
+0
Re: Secure your Home when your on Vacation!
3/24/2006 4:02:10 PM
Thanks for the helpful tips. Lawton
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/24/2006 9:13:15 PM
Wonderful tips Anthony!! Thank you for sharing those. I hope all is going well for you. Keep in Touch. Your Jewel,
+0
3/24/2006 9:33:26 PM
Anthony, Great tips! Another thing you can do is set up shot gun traps that will trigger a shotgun blast if something tempting is picked up! Now I am just kidding about this but I have been tempted to do it! If I did, I would probably get sued by some nitwit running to the America's Crooked Lawyers Union!
James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2006 11:01:54 AM
Hello Anthony, You are really good at what you do. People would be crazy not to listen to your advice. Thank you for all the information. Take care, Jo
VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!