Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Colonizing other planets
2/1/2020 6:43:29 PM
mikeandshirley.jpg I am continuing to work on this story daily. I am on the second chapter now. One of my characters is a young girl from the Portugues Island of the Azores called Teceira. There is a military Air Force base on that island and I recall that when I was stationed there the conversion rate of money exchange was 28 Portuguese escudos was equivilent to one American dollar. I know that monetary exchanges change, so does anyone know what the exchange rate would be now. I was stationed there from 1964 until 1965. I remember that one day, I went to a celibration off base one day, met a young girl, bought her food, we went on all the rides, played all the games, and had some more food. When the day was over and we parted ways, on the way back to the base I was curious as to how much I had spent for the day. I had bought everything with American money and received my change in Portuguese money. After checking to see how much money I had left over I noticed that for the full day, I had spent three American dollars. I was shocked but very happy. So is the rate the same or did it go up, or down? Thank you in advance.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/17/2020 11:46:42 PM
mike1.jpgHi all,
I wanted to stop by and give you all an update on the science fiction story that I have been writing. Shirley's care giver has been giving me a lot of help on this and has been printing off the pages as I progress with the story. I lost a lot of my work and had to start over, however I am starting on Chapter 4 now. I am not sure how many chapters there will be, as I keep coming up with new additions to the story. To give you an idea of what it involves, it takes place in the year 2085. The Mars colony has already been established, however, we the people are always being stalled from knowing the truth. There are five private space programs, along with major airline companies that are in the fray, establishing new frontiers in the space industries. There is a new cargo ship that was completed in the year 2080 This space ship is called The Shining Star and was built by a group of scientist from different countries that just got tired of working for countries that wanted them to build bombs,chemicals that create viruses, and guns to kill anyone in their path. They also created an astronaut academy to train civilian and military people alike how to survive in space, and work in space as well. On their first mission to bring supplies to three new space stations they chose a crew of people that believe in love, not war. They have already finished their first two assignments and are on their way to the third. All kinds of setbacks have plagued them so far and more is coming. One of the crew members has just solved the problem of teleportation. At this point, I am trying to find a publisher who is willing to publish my finished project, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/1/2020 7:48:47 PM
mike1.jpgHello all,
I am now on the sixth chapter of my story that I had figured would only be four chapters long. The crew are now in unchartered territory in space where many ships have been lost. They have to devise plans to keep them safe, plus develop methods to do this. Shirley's caregiver Jenna has been helping me by going over my story and correcting grammatical errors. I am writing this story because I am sick of crying about the story that took me and a female friend almost a year to write and when I was ready to mail it to a publisher that had already accepted my story for publication, only to have my ex wife throw the whole manuscript in the trash because she did not like it. Jenna also prints it out on our printer every so often to keep it up to date. The problem that I am having right now is to find a publisher that won't charge me thousands of dollars to publish it. It has drama, intrigue, mystery, suspense, and some nudity. The other problem that I am having is that Jenna has it set up on her phone because she could not set it up with my computer. I have been working on this for over a month and know that it will be a good story. I don't know if anyone can understand this, but I allow the characters in my story to develop their own personalities, mood swings, temper disorders or what have you, and it is working. I just don't want to complete this story and just have it go nowhere. If anyone could give me some advice, I would appreciate it. I have been a member of Adland Community for quite some time, and I trust you. Please give me some advice that I can use.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/4/2020 8:22:24 PM
P062916_1730.jpg Hello all. From song promoter to Science Fiction writer. On March 29th I will be 78 years old. I have been writing on and off most of my life, but have never gotten anything published. On my present story, I am up to chapter six. The story takes place in 2085 on a cargo ship supplying goods and supplies to three new space stations. The crew of the cargo ship Star Shine are all very talented people. I am trying to find a publisher for my story that won't charge me a whole bunch of money to do it. If anyone has any idea how I can submit my finished product to the correct publishing company, I would appreciate the help. Thank you.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/6/2020 9:09:16 PM
mike1.jpgHello all. I am on the 7th chapter of my sci-fi story called International Space Station Crossbow. The Cargo Spaceship Shining star has made it to their Final destination, which is one of the newest and biggest space stations which actually a Space Wheel with a Gateway. To give you a better idea what I am talking about, I have provided some videos of space wheels and gateways. I hope they come up. Thank you

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!