Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: The Four Golden Rules Of Personal Finance
3/5/2006 5:45:37 PM
Arthur, You won't get any argument here. Lawton has said it several times, my mother has always said it, and I agree. Eash successive generation appears to want to start life with what their parents worked a lifetime to achieve. And it isn't just the kids who are at fault. They have become used to a certain standard of living because we, their parents, were happy to acquire the trappings of wealth also. We set them up. But it isn't too late to change course, even if you are an old coot (not you specifically, Arthur--we KNOW you're one, lol). All it takes is becoming aware, choosing to change course, and implementing a few minor adjustments in your spending. I've done all the rueful head-shaking I'm going to do about what's past. Nothing we can do about that. It's what we do from now on that counts. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/5/2006 5:47:30 PM
Hi, Dave, Thanks for coming by and posting. Hope you'll be back for the rest of the article. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/5/2006 5:51:37 PM
Sandy and Bob, Thanks for your posts. Sandy, is that on their money-market account? If so, that's a pretty good rate. Wouldn't want to have that as my only investment, but it would be a good place to stash your new savings until there's enough to get a better rate. We haven't discussed what to do with the savings yet, as so many can't conceive of having any. Believe me, there are people reading here but not posting...they are the ones who probably need this advice the most. The response to this thread has been so great that I think I'll expand on this rule with some specifics. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/5/2006 6:13:28 PM
Anamaria, First, let me congratulate and thank you for your service overseas. I'll bet that was a very rewarding experience. How unfortunate that your generous act resulted in a less-than optimal situation when you returned home! You are right...before you can save, you have to have something coming in. So let's work on that. Not all internet home-based businesses require an investment, although I have to admit that your own website makes it much easier, and the most effective ones aren't free. But there are a number of things you can do to get started. There are two experts here (probably more, actually) who are giving an excellent education in internet marketing the right way. I encourage you to join at least one of their forums, and I'm going to give you the links. Linda Caroll has over 25 years experience in marketing and web design. Her forum Internet and Profit Newbies is specifically designed to help a newbie get started the RIGHT way. There's a lot of material that debunks some of the hype and pure stupidity that is passed around the internet as the way to make a living. In her signature, you'll find a link to her website, which has even more articles and food for thought. Clay Page has a forum called The Science of Advertising that teaches you a lot of practical steps for setting up your Adland forum(s). The threads are linked so that you can follow the steps in order. Start here. Also take a look at his Everything for Success site, posted on his profile. I was deep into my own thing by the time this came along, but I understand that it may be a free web presence and some other tools. Now, before you go to either place, make a list of the subjects that interest you. Then go learn from the experts what the most effective ways are to sell them and profit. If you have more questions, I'll be happy to help as I can. Feel free to private message me. You might also want to check my website. It is designed for people just like you who are finding it necessary to start over. Cheri
+0
3/6/2006 2:18:14 PM
SOME GOOD ADVICES THERE MY FRIEND BEST REGARDS ARILD
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!