Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Get Your Facts Straight
2/22/2006 5:51:32 PM
Hi Arthur, I hope it hits home, too, but it will probably be ignored by the majority because, as you state, "the clients are absolutely desperate to believe." Unfortunately, the majority work on a high emotional level: "I hate my job." - emotion "I want freedom." - emotion "I want to be rich." - emotion "I want to be popular." - emotion The list goes on... but these are all are emotional responses (desire is an emotion) and by themselves can get a person in a lot of trouble. Emotion can help DRIVE you to succeed with a good business, but by itself is a very dangerous tool for making wise decisions. Yes, Arthur, the claims are wild and actually getting wilder! I received an invitation the other day for a 600% PER DAY hyip!! People are actually signing up for it!! Fortunately, e-gold has limited their account which I think has effectively stopped them from accepting any more "investors." People would do much better to just take their money and stuff it down a rat hole. It takes less time and there are no fees! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/22/2006 5:54:06 PM
Hi Lee Lu, Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. ---------------------------------------------------------------- new processors and new sites will always get you when something has just really hit rock bottom as we have seen lately. Be Careful. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Yes, and once again, it's because we are on an emotional low and the hype from the new site makes us feel better. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/22/2006 5:58:33 PM
Hi Shannon, Yes, doing a whois check is part of due diligence, although it sometimes can lead to a blank wall. I have recently found that when registering a site it can actually be masked by the registrar without them asking if you want that or even telling you. In that case, (and in all cases anyway) use the contact information on the website. You should NOT have to resort to whois to find out how to contact the business. BTW, here's a great whois I use: http://www.betterwhois.com God bless, Dave
+0
2/22/2006 6:04:36 PM
Dear Dave, I have found that blank wall at times. I have bookmarked the BetterWhois site. Thank you, it is always great to have another resource. I was told today that my Autosurf Guidelines page looks too busy. I am thinking of dividing it into sections, and I will definitely add that as a resource. I appreciate it!
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/22/2006 6:07:30 PM
Hi Diana, Thanks for posting. It's great to see you perservering! Take your time to figure out what you want to do as a business. In the long run, you'll be far more likely to achieve success if you do all your research first and don't rush in. One of the key problems for people coming online to do business for the first time is the idea (hyped all the time by online scammers) that Internet=Instant Wealth The truth is that Internet=Instant Worldwide Communication and nothing more. You can send an email around the world instantly, and someone across the globe can see your website without ever meeting you, again, instantly. However, it's not so easy to get someone to read your email or really visit your website. So you have to become known, and you'll never do that by simply putting up and affiliate site with a great bizop or deal. Joining communities and forums is the very best way to start. By doing that, you learn the ropes, meet and make friends all over the world, thereby developing contacts who may be able to help you develop a client base once you start your business. Hang in there, Diana! You're on the right track. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!