Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Brad West

221 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Right Approach…
2/19/2006 11:10:00 AM
Hi Tim, I like what John has to say. This is not a secret formula by any means. But I think that it is the most over looked. Patience and perseverance pay in the long run. Thank you again for sharing. Always look foreword to your posts. Brad
Making Heaps of Money is a Spiritual Experience. The Guild Blog Co-Op Fuzzy Wuzzy Anipals
+0
2/19/2006 4:28:44 PM
Hi Tim What an excellent article. Such good advice. When we were in very serious financial trouble a very dear friend told me to do something similar to get out of debt. She said 'how do you eat an elephant? One step at a time' Unfortunately me getting a job was not an option so I could only work with the money my husband was already earning. We had very heavy credit card debt so she told me to pick the card with the highest interest & put the most money into that one, but only pay the minimum on all the others. Her other advice was to contact all the companies that sent us bills, explain the situation & tell them I would pay a certain sum each month. Even though it wasn't what they wanted, they were all happpy that I was going to pay something regularly. We also had a very large tax bill, so I did the same thing with the tax office. To cut a very long story of several years short. I got everything paid off. It was an extremely hard time but my husband learned a very valuable lesson. With everything in life, if we take a step at a time then we can achieve our goals. Thanks for this Forum Tim, the info is very interesting & helpful
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/19/2006 5:08:06 PM
Thanks Penny. I was once involved with a financial group, and that was one of the successful strategies we also taught. I happy to hear you were able to have success in clearing up your debt situation. And thanks as well to all of you for your comments.
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
2/21/2006 2:47:58 AM
Tim, Thanks For The Invite. Very Good. Your Friend Elbert L ( gouardhead ) .
>< Liquidation of General Merchandise www.payjusthalf.com - use Discount code LC57687
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/21/2006 11:53:30 PM
Hi, Tim, Sorry I'm late, lol. Great article! Glad you found it and posted it for us. This is a handy way to look at things. So many people get caught up in having to have a certain amount, usually several hundred dollars, right off the bat, that they jump from company to company, as the article says, in search of the Holy Grail. Someone posted in one of my forums about Robert Kiyosaki's philosophy to earn the payment from an additional stream of income before you buy a 'doodad' (his word for frivolous expenditure, for the uninitiated). I hadn't read it that way--I was thinking earn ALL the cash and always pay cash. I guess because I'm so anti-debt. But here it is again, in different words, but the same idea. Multiple streams of income. Little trickles become rushing mountain streams, which flow into mighty rivers...the same goes for streams of income. Each trickle can take care of one bill until the mighty river carries them all away with no effort. I love this picture! Just don't bite off more than you can chew at any given time, or you'll end up like me, reading your email three days late, lol. Cheri
+0