Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Promises Promises
4/25/2017 11:30:28 AM
Promises, promises. I try not to make too many promises any more. I'm living now with promises I made years ago, and I don't have that many years left that I can tie myself up for ages with promises...at least not big ones.

I was raised with many values, some of which I have discarded over the decades. However, the ideas of duty, honor, obligation, all of which are tied to keeping promises, have remained an integral part of my nature, despite all that has happened to me, good or bad, as a result.

I cannot discard those ideas as parts of the person that I am. Therefore, in self-defense, I discard the making of promises to which those may bind me. I would love to make big promises, but, I am no longer capable of fulfilling them, and, I am tired from honoring promises made long ago.

Maybe if I had learned this sooner, I might have been more reasonable In my promises. I must be who I am, even if it's not who I want to be, because being someone who is NOT me is nobody I want to be. I wrote about confusion the other day. I guess I'm still confused.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Promises Promises
4/25/2017 3:03:25 PM
So at least you are trying to meet your promises. Some people just say "I promise". But never do anything about it. I don't like people like that. If you don't mean, don't say it. At all times, no promises can't be kept, but you tried, that is different.

I have made promises to myself that I would do something for someone, but never kept that promise, so I think I am in the same boat as you.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Chuck Bartok

258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/25/2017 3:03:29 PM
As Polonius once mentioned in Act 1 scene 3 "To thine own self be true"....
Society, I believe has fomented the concept of too many promises.
Best have few and deliver, than many and not make it.
Polonius
Chuck & Shirley Bartok Northern California http://bestbusinessmindset.com http://youcanbuildit.info 530-798-0245
+0
4/25/2017 4:12:51 PM
Thanks for the comments, folks.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!