Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Folding a Parachute in the Wind
4/22/2017 11:50:07 PM
Years ago, when I was in college at the University of West Florida, Pensacola, Florida, the dorms were small building located within the campus, surrounded by the academic buildings. One day, I was leaving the library, on my way to a class and there, on a sidewalk, which everyone was using, a guy was trying to fold and pack a parachute. It was windy, the lines and chute were blowing around, and it was a very crowded sidewalk, with people actually tripping over the lines and canopy which the guy had stretched out. He very calmly straightened things out as they got tripped over or blown around, and began folding the chute. I had to get to class and didn't see the end, but, it looked like, despite the obstacles, he was getting it done. I didn't hear of anybody dying in a jump, so, I guess he jumped the chute and survived. I've always figured if he could keep calm and get a parachute packed despite all the difficulties, I could deal with most of what happened in MY life. I wouldn't jump the chute, but, I learned the lesson.

Let's connect on LinkedIn.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!