Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
This thread is locked.
Promote
Not Surprised By People
4/16/2017 4:53:24 PM
I cannot say that I am ever surprised by people. I've been around, and around the block (Including some bad neighborhoods.), enough to know that anybody could be hiding almost any sort of belief and activity behind an entirely "normal" façade. And, as long as they are not hurting innocent people, I am not really very judgmental about what they do, or think in their spare time, or real minds, with the curtains drawn, behind locked doors. Anyway, I try to accept people as they appear to want me to, based on their overt actions and statements, but, I have been deceived enough in my lifetime that, I am not going to be surprised at the Sunday school teacher who is into lingerie, lace, and lewd and lascivious behavior (Knew one who even had a boyfriend on the side...with deacon hubby's knowledge and blessing.) I guess where I am going with this is, I accept you, and will treat you with respect, for the person you present to me and the public, perfectly aware that there may be another you that you feel you cannot show in public, and, I understand that, in this world we cannot always live as we truly believe, sometimes because of society; sometimes just because we are not sure who we are, or if anyone will accept the real "us". I will try to.

I invite readers to check out my poetry at http://ravensong.4t.com
+0