Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Balance
4/14/2017 9:26:49 PM
I have been interested in mental and physical health for over half a century. As the years have passed, I have found it harder to keep up...as more discoveries were made, information was disseminated, and the amount of false information among the real became greater as well. One thing I have learned, is that maintaining health, in whatever form, often relies on balance. Go on a fad diet to lose weight and you might shed a few pounds, but, you might be endangering your health as you deny yourself needed nutrients, and you will probably give up and gain it all back...plus extra. Do stuff to feel better when you look in the mirror, and you might feel worse when you try to get out of bed in the morning or make love to your special someone. Extremes sometimes work for the "quick fix", but, for a long period of health and happiness, you need more than just a bowl of "chicken soup for the soul". You need a cupboard, a kitchen, a whole house, and life, full of "good stuff" for your body and mind. Once all that comes together, maybe it won't matter so much what your mirror or scale tells you, if life itself is telling you that you are living well and loving it.
+1
RE: Balance
4/15/2017 8:21:19 PM
... have actually taken psych courses in college

*** nothing beats "common sense" not possible to learn from books
*** common sense is learned from WISDOM (elders)

Jan aka Jaz

Quote:
I have been interested in mental and physical health for over half a century. As the years have passed, I have found it harder to keep up...as more discoveries were made, information was disseminated, and the amount of false information among the real became greater as well. One thing I have learned, is that maintaining health, in whatever form, often relies on balance. Go on a fad diet to lose weight and you might shed a few pounds, but, you might be endangering your health as you deny yourself needed nutrients, and you will probably give up and gain it all back...plus extra. Do stuff to feel better when you look in the mirror, and you might feel worse when you try to get out of bed in the morning or make love to your special someone. Extremes sometimes work for the "quick fix", but, for a long period of health and happiness, you need more than just a bowl of "chicken soup for the soul". You need a cupboard, a kitchen, a whole house, and life, full of "good stuff" for your body and mind. Once all that comes together, maybe it won't matter so much what your mirror or scale tells you, if life itself is telling you that you are living well and loving it.
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/16/2017 3:51:10 AM
I read your post a few times Donovan and will say a couple of things

1. I love the idea of your forum and what a great name for it!

2. You have hit the nail on the head when it comes to being in balance. I can say for myself and for others I know, it can get tricky to find a way to balance, and your right, it can been physical, emotion, business or anything else you do.
I especially liked this wording " You need a cupboard, a kitchen, a whole house, and life, full of "good stuff" for your body and mind. " a great analogy

thanks for a great thought and I hope many people will come in and talk to you

+0
4/16/2017 11:59:50 AM
Thanks for the comments so far. The intent of this forum is not to prove that I am "wise", or to make people "smarter" or "better". Frankly, it's a place for me to put down my thoughts, partly as a daily writing exercise, partly as an attempt to latch onto my own fleeting thoughts.

Another purpose is for readers to read, get an idea, and say what THEY have to say.
+0