Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Shigeaki Mori was 8 years old when the United
6/2/2016 5:26:03 AM

States dropped the atomic bomb on Aug. 6, 1945.

Hiroshima Survivor Cries, and Obama Gives Him a Hug

+0
RE: Communication
6/3/2016 2:33:23 PM
Oh really? WOW! Spanking brand new community member is NOT PLEASED

Bogdan should make sure one of the ADMINS is not using his name to SCAM folk ...

I notice; upon returning from several years of non-active status, one of my articles (in another practically unknown community, I refuse to name) was the ONLY submission on a FAILED SCAM site, accusing Jaz Jets of being some sort of Adlandpro partner ... the link is posted in one of those 'talk threads' ... any who, after, several months of showing up here in the community, that link has 'detached' from my published article.

I have been reading other stuff online about this community, it seams as though some mean-spirited entity wants to can this GOOD COMMUNITY ... it is like a GOP vs BARACK thang ... and I do mean 'thang'

Quote:
WOW! Note to myself ~ Do Not ask ...

Saving for "Tweets"

Admins ~~ is there a DEADLINE on claiming affil... http://community.adlandpro.com/home.aspx?t=42916&p=145114&refer=JJGreen#StatusPost_145114_a

Quote:
It was fixed ... just checked again and that 'error page' has been restored with my entire name to here ... highlighted ...

Bogdan really need some good ADMIN help ~ I highly recommend DeVry Interns ... they can not accept gratuities for INTERNSHIP ... FREE Competent HELP!

Quote:
It is a GOOD THING 'petty editor' can not EDIT FORUMS, suspension from "Talk" should not affect community msgs. That is Y I rarely use that community feature.

There is a LOT of FLAKY STUFF going on now that was not; a couple years ago.

My botched contest link has finally been corrected!
+1
6/4/2016 7:51:40 AM
Kerry: Editing State Department video was 'stupid,' 'inappropriate'

Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday that whoever called for deleting several minutes of video from a December 2013 press briefing was being "stupid and clumsy and inappropriate."

Kerry: Editing State Dept. video was 'stupid and clumsy and inappropriate'
Provided by The Hill Kerry: Editing State Dept. video was 'stupid and clumsy and inappropriate'

Kerry said he intends to find out who was responsible, adding that he didn't want someone like that working for him, according to The Associated Press.
+0
6/14/2016 4:28:04 AM

U. of Chicago student body president faces hearing — a day before graduation

University of Chicago student body president Tyler Kissinger (Photo: May Malone/IIRON Student Network)

University of Chicago student body president Tyler Kissinger

It’s not a mortarboard cap that looms above Tyler Kissinger’s head on the eve of his graduation Saturday from the University of Chicago. Instead, it’s a question of his fate.

The two-term student body president and Point Foundation scholar faces a disciplinary hearing Friday, according to student newspaper after leading a group of student protesters into administrative offices in preparation for a sit-in, according to The Chicago Maroon. The Student Manual notes that the result of such a hearing can range from a simple warning to expulsion from the school.

“It’s scary,” the 21-year-old public policy major tells USA TODAY College about the hearing. “I’m a first-generation college student. This is a hard school to be at and I feel like I’ve put in a lot of work trying to involve students.”

The attempted sit-in and a larger rally took place on May 19 after school administrators declined to meet with students regarding a range of concerns, from living wages for university workers to increasing police transparency, according to the Maroon. Prior to the rally, a group of 34 students and alumni — led by Kissinger, who says he told security he was in the building on official student body business — had gathered in the lobby of an administrative building in preparation for the sit-in, but were kicked out.

Four days later, Kissinger says, he was called to a meeting with the dean of students and summoned to an academic misconduct hearing on June 10, one day before his graduation ceremony.

“It’s inconsistent with the values of open discourse to deny student meetings. Students should be able to talk to administrators whenever they want,” Kissinger says.

“As a student fighting for change on this campus, it’s frightening to me and many others that the university would crack down so hard on dissent, in total disregard of its supposed love of free speech,” Anna Wood, a second-year University of Chicago student and a leader of the protest, tells USA TODAY College.

So far, Kissinger’s case has drawn support from over 3,000 people on a Change.org petition to dismiss charges against him, as well as from 180 faculty members in a separate document. On Thursday, Senator Bernie Sanders tweeted Kissinger in solidarity.

Bernie Sanders

@SenSanders

Progress takes place when young people pick up the torch and say, "This is a world we are going to change." https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/740597268689092608

+0
6/14/2016 4:43:10 AM
Police in China Want Rights Lawyer Prosecuted on Subversion Charge

BEIJING — The Chinese police have recommended prosecution on a charge of subversion for Zhou Shifeng, a prominent lawyer whose arrest last year formed the focus of a campaign to discredit and dissolve networks of rights-focused defense lawyers who challenged the government, one of his former colleagues said on Monday.

Nearly a year has passed since Mr. Zhou and other lawyers, legal associates and rights advocates were rounded up by the authorities, who accused them of abusing court proceedings and stirring up protests in a bid to win personal fame and discredit the Communist Party. About 25 remain in detention or missing, presumed detained, and their families and supporters have adamantly rejected the allegations, although they have had no access to the detainees.

Over the weekend, the police told Mr. Zhou’s family that they had recommended indictment on suspicion of “subverting state power,” said Liu Xiaoyuan, a former colleague of Mr. Zhou’s, citing word from Mr. Zhou’s family. Mr. Liu said the subversion charge was particularly serious and, if successfully prosecuted, could lead to a prison term of at least a decade.

The charge suggested that under President Xi Jinping, the government would continue its intense drive to silence organizations and activists who even a few years ago survived in a margin of official tolerance, said Maya Wang, a researcher on China for Human Rights Watch.

“This kind of grave political crime, reserved for organizers of political parties in the past, is now used on a much wider range of civil society actors, showing how much space for activism has shrunk under Xi’s reign in just three years,” Ms. Wang said by email.

URL

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!