Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: StormPay Has Surely Done It NOW ...
2/8/2006 8:05:41 PM
Media Release Date: February 7, 2006 To: BBB Members & Media From: Kathleen Calligan, President & CEO Telephone (615) 250-4242 StormPay.com Freezes Accounts The Better Business Bureau of Middle Tennessee alerts the public to the business practices of StormPay.com of Clarksville, Tennessee. During the first six weeks of 2006, StormPay.com has generated more complaints to BBB than any other Middle Tennessee or Southern Kentucky business. In the past seven days, BBB has received 18,926 inquiries from consumers around the world checking on the reliability of StormPay.com. Complaints filed by consumers from around the world state that StormPay.com has frozen their online accounts and will not release funds due. StormPay.com is an online payment processor which acts as an intermediary in the processing of funds between a web site and a customer. “Since the end of January, BBB has received over 180 complaints from users of StormPay.com” says BBB President/CEO, Kathleen Calligan. “A review of complaints filed by users indicate that the company is holding in excess of $460,000” explains Calligan. An email sent to at least one complaintant by StormPay, states in part “…should you choose to attempt to recover your funds through other means, that conduct will result in the forfeiture of any refund…” The majority of complaints filed with BBB, concern StormPay’s freezing of accounts from users who participate in “auto-surfing” programs. An “auto-surfing” program reportedly generates money to the user every time a user visits a participating web site. It is the position of the Better Business Bureau that auto surfing programs can post a financial risk to participants. Often “auto-surfing” programs are thinly veiled pyramid schemes cleverly devised to participants. Due to the complaint volume, international scope of participants and amount of money involved, BBB is requesting the assistance of federal authorities for further investigation. From: YazzaSurf Due to the warning (copied below) from the Better Business Bureau, effective immediately, YazzaSurf has removed StormPay from the YazzaSurf programs page. Of course, it didn't help any that they drained our account of several thousands of dollars today, either. Bob YazzaSurf Admin Surfingold - your way to success Admin wrote: Dear members, Our stormpay account has $0 balance. Read about what happens here: http://www.northshore-media.com/index.php/post/1411/ Best regards, Surfingold Admin NOTE FROM A FRIEND: If anyone has funds in stormpay TELL THEM TO GET THEM OUT NOW! StormPay is now going into their member/client accounts and charging back any/all surfing fees that they can. I removed my cc and checking acct. numbers when I saw that they had started charging me back funds that I had been paid. Go to the other surf forums and read about everyone it is happening to right this minute. Stormpay has gone bizzerk barnyard krazy! I was lucky enough to get thru to our credit union and put a stop pay on any/all drafts that come thru from them from tonight forward. I don't know what will happen next, but I'm gonna be ready for it. PLEASE FOLKS, IF YOU HAVE MONEY IN STORM PAY..PROTECT YOURSELF IF YOU CAN. GET IT OUT AND PUT A STOP HOLD ON ANY ACTIVITY STORM PAY MAY WANT TO TAKE AGAINST YOUR ACCOUNTS. THEY HAVE BEEN REQUESTING BACK FUNDS THAT WERE PAID FROM BANK ACCOUNTS AND CREDIT CARDS. I KNOW SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE THOUSANDS LOCKED UP AND CANNOT GET ACCESS TO THEIR OWN MONEY. This is crazy. But I know of another company that did something like this..then disappeared with alot of other people's money. Don't ignore these warnings and protect yourself if you still can. Sorry to have to bring you this news, Sandra Win Win Admin
+0
2/8/2006 8:07:20 PM
Sorry for the double post. OOPS.lol
+0
2/8/2006 8:15:51 PM
This was posted at 1:52 pm by SP ADmin. http://www.stormpay.com/stormpay/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7881 Dear StormPay Member, Please read this news update as it contains important information concerning your StormPay account as well as spends from your account to the "Auto-Surf" industry. Traditionally "auto-surf" is a "traffic exchange" industry as to where persons gain traffic credits for promoting their URL (website address) in exchange for viewing websites offered by others. Any monies taken in on these types of "traffic exchanges" are normally for upgrades to have your URL (website) shown at a higher rate of exposure. For an example of how a true auto-surf works, you can visit www.autohits.dk or other sites comparable. "Paid to click", or "Paid to Read" types of sites are normally where an advertiser pays to have his/her ad displayed and the end user gets paid a portion of the advertiser dollars for clicking on and reading/viewing the ad. The end user who is being paid for reading/viewing the advertisement does not spend any monies to participate. An example of this type of service is StormPay's own "StormClix" where participants are not charged to view advertisements and are rewarded an account credit for viewing the advertisement. It has recently been brought to the attention of StormPay Inc. that the current rash of new Auto-Surf and Paid to Read accounts are NOT operating in the traditional manner. Further investigation by both StormPay and other outside investigational organizations/law enforcement agencies have have drawn early conclusions that these types of programs are nothing more than well hidden "Ponzi" or "Pyramid" schemes. While many of you may not agree, or wish to agree that these programs or illegally operated ponzi's, there are many facts that that are unavailable to you, or that may have been hidden by the operators of these programs. Please note that StormPay's user agreement has always banned merchant accounts for these types of activities. Throughout the investigations into these programs, StormPay has asked the "Merchant(s)" to provide a detailed explanation of the workings of these programs including how profit margins and customer payments are made. These questions were asked point blank by StormPay while on a conference call with the owner/operator and their attorney. The requests for information from the "merchant" were simply denied leaving StormPay no choice other than to report those findings to the other organizations who required the information from StormPay. These findings and reports caused the seizure of funds of the merchant(s) StormPay accounts until all legal matters are resolved. Please be reminded that this could have been avoided if the merchant(s) could have, or would have provided information proving no illegal pyramid or ponzi activity. Furthermore, investigations and calculations show that these merchants were already at an "upside down" point where they are/were not able to meet the financial obligations made to their program participants. These merchants who were already failing to make good on their claims seem to now be using StormPay as their "Scape Goat" for the failure of their own pyramid or ponzi scheme. These programs are always doomed to failure and for that very reason, deemed illegal. Please site the following from StormPay's user agreement: "17. Get Rich Quick" Schemes: Get Rich Quick Schemes are prohibited resell items by StormPay. Get Rich Quick schemes include any type of self-employment, start-up businesses, or investment opportunity where the claims of profit or returns on investment are unrealistic or unsupported. By law, if a business opportunity costs $500.00 USD or more, the promoter is required to support any claims regarding earnings or profits with written documentation. Pyramids don't pay. StormPay Inc. and the Federal Trade Commission caution consumers about clubs or programs that promise quick money for recruiting new members. Don't bank on the pyramid promise that someone else will pay you. For more information on get-rich-quick schemes, visit the FTC at www.ftc.gov." We know that the most prominent question in your mind is "What happens to the money I sent these programs?" Answer: At the moment any funds frozens in these merchant's accounts are frozen and not payable until all investigations are completed. At such time investigations are completed, any remaining funds will be released to the merchant's, or refunded to the purchasers, based on the outcome of the investigations. Please be aware if determination is made that these are ponzi schemes, a great deal of the funds received by these merchant's will have been used to pay obligations to those who joined earlier into the programs. In other words, they will have used your money to pay other members thus creating a deficit of funds needed to refund all users. Please be patient while investigators decide the best procedures for handling this serious situation. Contacting your credit issuers or banks requesting chargebacks only compounds the problems for all involved, including the merchants and their customers, and delays returns of any funds. These actions could also be punishable by law. StormPay will keep you updated of developments as information is available and allowed to be released. StormPay Inc.
+0
2/8/2006 11:28:30 PM
Hi Angie, Way to go. This is what we need. Team work to get these guys. Here it is again from Angie's post. There is a place for everyone to report these thieves. http://www.ic3.gov/ QUOTE The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Thank you Angie. Our heart's out to ya for the help. Newest Release: Podcasting For Fun & Profit! FREE Niche Report AlertPay - A BETTER Alternative to PayPal Coming soon "Ads By The Squares" www.adsbythesquares.com Kenneth R Sword Jr Co-CEO - Bizzy Blogz http://www.bizzyblogz.com/krsword Copy this link to your RSS Reader: http://www.bizzyblogz.com/rss.php?u=krsword
+0
2/8/2006 11:58:52 PM
am agree with Angie Hughes we should put complain against stormpay i mean who have frozed or suspended account from stormpay stormapy its attacking no the autosurf websites or webmasters no they are atacking us the members cause i am a member too from some sites but they have suspend the accounts of the webmasters whoa re paying us on time or paying why ? probably cause those accounts have a lot more money and as you guys say and we know probably they will make some against the members , so my question its who its safe? i guess those who have a no account at all with stormpay i think we have to united forces with the webmaster afected by this cause they pay us this is the time to show suport no just when we get paid by them i wish you a great day guys :)
Alfred Delgado
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!