Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Tasty Afternoon Snack
9/15/2015 6:51:41 PM
Hello My Friends,

Here's a new Recipe that was sent to me by my Friend Cindy Mohammed just this morning. Hope that you'll enjoy this little treat and that you'll visit Cindy's Profile and invite her to be your Friend., According to Cindy, this a a tasty treat along with a cup of coffee or tea in the mornings or afternoons, or, you might want to serve at your next Social gathering. You can also make this earlier and it last for a few days.

SWEET BREAD
Ingredients

3 cups flour
3 teaspoon (tsp) baking powder
1/2 (half) cup or 4 oz. margarine/butter (softened)
2-21/2 (two - two and half) cups grated coconut (you can put less if you like)
1 cup sugar (brown or granulated-white)
1 cup raisins
1/2 (half) cup chopped cherries
1/2 (half) cup mixed peel (this is candied fruit)
1 tsp mixed spice (this is ground spices, cinnamon, etc)
3/4 (three quarters) cup milk or water (or you can mix both to measure three quarters cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 (half) cup currants (optional)

Method

Sift together flour and baking powder.
Add margarine (butter), coconut, sugar, raisins, cherries, mixed peel, spices and currants (if adding); mix thoroughly.
Combine milk, egg and vanilla.
Add liquid to dry ingredients and mix until all the liquid is incorporated. Do not knead, just mix together until fully incorporated.
Pour into two 81/2"(eight and a half) x 4 1/2" (four and a half) inch greased loaf pans.
Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-60 mins or until tester comes out clean.
Remove from oven and glaze with mixture of 1 tablespoon (tbsp) sugar and 1 tablespoon (tbsp) water.
Return to hot oven for 3-4 minutes baking. Then, remove from heat and cool.
(Makes 2 loaves-16 Slices)

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
RE: A Tasty Afternoon Snack
9/17/2015 2:28:51 PM
It seems to be delicious. :)
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right."
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/17/2015 8:10:23 PM
Hi Szabolcs,

It's great to see you here at the Forum my Friend. This does sound delicious doesn't it? Hope you'll have a chance to try it, and if you have a recipe that you like, please feel free to share it with us

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2015 3:42:23 AM
Hello Friends,

Here's another Sweet Bread recipe except this one is "Diabetic Friendly". The sweetness in this whole wheat banana bread comes mostly from the four bananas. Toast a slice of this sweet bread for breakfast, or wrap a loaf in plastic wrap and tie with a festive ribbon for a special holiday gift.

Banana Bread

Ingredients

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup "measures-like-sugar" calorie-free sweetener
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
4 medium-sized very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine sweetener and next 3 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

3. Pour batter into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack. Makes 16 (1/2 Inch) Slices.

Calories 86; Fat 2.1 g; Carbohydrates 15.8 g; Fiber 1.7 g; Cholesterol 13 mg;
Sodium 125 mg; Protein 2.1 g.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!