Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Remembering Dad On Father's Day
6/20/2015 1:21:28 AM
Hi Phil,

Just found this one for Father's DAy.

A Tribute to Fathers
By Stephanie Tingle

In most countries around the world, Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June each year. It originated here in America when Sonora Smart Dodd decided that fathers should have a designated holiday, just as mothers do. Mrs. Dodd and her five siblings were raised by their father, which I’m sure contributed to her admiration for him. Her idea was apparently not so popular with the fathers that she spoke with though, as they felt that they would essentially be paying for their own gifts for this crazy new holiday! Nonetheless, she persevered with her idea, going to local shops and government offices, as well as her local YMCA and churches to draw attention to her cause. Her idea was successful and, on July 19, 1910, the first Father’s Day was celebrated. It has been celebrated since that date but it wasn’t until 1972 that then-President Richard Nixon signed a proclamation declaring Father’s Day to be a national holiday.

Traditional gifts for Father’s Day include socks, sweaters, or the ever popular necktie. This year, I’m choosing to celebrate Father’s Day by giving my dad one of our Mango Wood Bowls filled with our top ten crystals for men. He humors me about my crystal obsession and agrees that they are nice to look at. They will beautify his home while filling it with beneficial, healing energy. Onyx, Mahogany Obsidian, Green Tourmaline, and Hematite are grounding and protective; they will help him feel protected as he has protected others throughout his life. Turquoise helps promote heartfelt communication, which is essential in all relationships. Blue Sapphire is a stone of wisdom, and that in itself reminds me of my dad. Malachite and Lemon Quartz are healing and purifying, to help keep him physically healthy. Brecciated Jasper and Golden Tiger Eye will help fill him with optimism, strength, and vitality.

Read More
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/21/2015 3:26:18 AM
Hi Barry,

Thanks for stopping back by to visit my Friend. Yes, I'm quite certain that I'll be grilling out at sometime tomorrow. I'll probably do a Father's Day recipe Post tomorrow AM. Meanwhile, here's a short Father's Day Poem that you might like.

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,
And then there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it - Dad.

Have A Fantastic Father's Day My Friend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/21/2015 3:50:48 AM
Hi Myrna,

So glad you stopped by my Friend and Thanks for the great article on Fathers Day and the benefits of Crystals. I bookmarked the Article so I can check into the Crystals more thoroughly. The Poem at the end of the article got me to thinking not only about my Father, but also about my Mother as well. This Poem about our Parents comes to mind.

You are both special in every way,
Encouraging me more and more each passing day.

You both are the reason why I'm so strong,
With you two at the helm, not a thing could go wrong.

You've both helped me through many trials and tribulations,
You've made things better in every situation.

Thank you both for always being there,
And always showing me that you truly care.

Words could never explain how I feel about you,
But I hope you know that I truly love and miss you two!

Wishing You A Blessed Father's Day My Friend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!