Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Affirmation - I am whole and perfect as I was created
2/2/2006 12:03:38 PM
Now I hope I don't confuse you all with what I am about to say. First, I agree with the affirmation above. My thought on this though, is that we tend to put so much pressure on ourselves to be "perfect", or at least we try to make fewer mistakes, but we will invariably "mess up" from time to time, and what happens next is the true test of our personal growth. What is my self talk immediately following a mistake? Do I verbalize a "Homeristic" DOH! and mentally criticize myself for being so stupid, or do I understand I've slipped, recognize that I'm not perfect, and resolve to learn from it? Personally, I take the pressure off with this bit: "I am perfectly imperfect, learn from this", or how about the age old saying "To err is human". I find it much easier to maintain my positive focus when I'm not being so hard on myself. To help me out here I often consider what my close friends would say at my error (because I can more often be my own worst critic). When I realize that they would be more inclined to be loving and understanding how can I reasonably do anything less?
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
2/2/2006 12:29:12 PM
Hey Tim, Thank you for your comments, too, and I understand exactly what you are saying. We are saying the same thing. To expand, my perception of "perfect" means that regardless of our "mistakes" (there are really no mistakes or coincidences), we are still perfect. We are created perfect and we do not have to DO anything to be considered perfect. We just ARE. Thanks for being here!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Ron
Ron Stouder

277 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/2/2006 6:51:29 PM
Hi Linda, Good job. Thank you. ron s.
Ron Stouder
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2006 9:39:17 PM
Linda, This statement sounds good but may I disagree? According to what the Bible says, for those of us who believe in the Bible, it says we were born sinners and will never be perfect in this life. We can strive for perfection, but we will never achieve it. If we were perfect we would never die, and that was the original plan, but we know what happened. I hope.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!