Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Let's Share A Smile Or Two
6/8/2015 5:07:55 AM
 As a girl raised on both sides of the Mason-Dixie line; ex-husband in the North and currently in the South with my Southern spouse they both will tell their friends "My wife ain't nothing to bark at" ... I do not bark back, I require less sleep than either. I have threatened both spouses, that I would tie them to the bed post and flog them til they scream Jesus have mercy, if they ever raised their hand against me. HOT grits is an alternative ...
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/8/2015 7:57:13 PM
Hi Jan,

Glad to see you back here at ALP again. Been away too long. You always add a little "Jaz" or "Life" to the conversations around. Thanks my Friend. Here's a few marriage laughs that you might like...
A woman is walking along the beach when she finds a genie lamp. She rubs the lamp and a genie comes out and says "I may grant you 3 wishes, but your Husband will get double."

The woman wishes for a new car. The genie gives her a new car and the woman's husband 2 new cars.

Next, the woman wishes for a fully paid up $1,000,000 life insurance policy. The genie gives her the policy and then her husband gets a $2,000,000 policy.

Finally, the woman says, "For my final wish, I wish to be beaten half to death."

A man and a woman who have never met before find themselves in the same sleeping carriage of a train. After the initial embarrassment, they both manage to get to sleep, the woman on the top bunk, the man on the lower.

In the middle of the night the woman leans over and says, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm awfully cold and I was wondering if you could possibly pass me another blanket."

The man leans out and with a glint in his eye said "I've got a better idea, let's pretend we're married."

"Why not," giggles the woman.

"Good," he replies. "Then, climb down and get your own blanket."

A guy is reading his paper when his wife walks up behind him and smacks him on the back of the head with a frying pan.

He asks, "What was that for?"

She says, "I found a piece of paper in your pocket with Betty Sue written on it."

He says, "Jeez, honey, remember last week when I went to the track? Betty Sue was the name of the horse I went there to bet on."

She shrugs and walks away.

Three days later he is reading his paper when she walks up behind him and smacks him on the back of the head again with the frying pan.

He asks, "What was that for?"

She answers, "Your horse called."

And finally,

At St. Peter's Catholic Church in Toronto , they have weekly husband's marriage seminars. At the session last week, the priest asked Giuseppe, who said he was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

Giuseppe replied to the assembled husbands, "Wella, I'va tried to treat her nicea, spenda da money on her, but besta of all is, I tooka her to Italy for the 25th anniversary!"

The priest responded, "Giuseppe, you are an amazing inspiration to all the husbands here! Please tell us what you are planning for your wife for your 50th anniversary?"

Giuseppe proudly replied, " I'ma gonna go pick her up."

Have A Magnificent Monday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2015 7:18:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

As most of you know, I think Marriage is a Great Institution. Fortunately, I haven't been Institutionalized since 1983. Here's a few more Marriage Jokes for your enjoyment.

A little boy, at a wedding looks at his mom and says, "Mommy, why does the girl wear white?"

His mom replies, "The bride is in white because she's happy and this is the happiest day of her life."

The boy thinks about this, and then says, "Well then, why is the boy wearing black?"

My Dearest Susan,

Sweetie of my heart. I've been so desolate ever since I broke off our engagement. Simply devastated. Won't you please consider coming back to me? You hold a place in my heart no other woman can fill. I can never marry another woman quite like you. I need you so much. Won't you forgive me and let us make a new beginning? I love you so.

Yours always and truly,
John

P.S. Congratulations on you winning the state lottery.

Common wedding questions and answers

Q: Is it all right to bring a date to the wedding?
A: Not if you are the groom.

Q: How many showers is the bride supposed to have?
A: At least one within a week of the wedding.

Q: What music is recommended for the wedding ceremony?
A: Anything except "Tied to the Whipping Post".

As he lay on his deathbed, the man confided to his wife, "I cannot die without telling you the truth. I cheated on you throughout our whole marriage. All those nights when I told you I was working late, I was with other women. And not just one woman either, but I've slept with dozens of them."

His wife looked at him calmly and said, "Why do you think I gave you the poison?"

And finally,

A man was traveling down a country road when he saw a large group of people outside a house. He stopped and asked a person why the large crowd was there.

A farmer replied, "Joe's mule kicked his mother-in-law and she died."

"Well," replied the man, "she must have had a lot of friends."

"Nope," said the farmer, "we all just want to buy his mule."

Have A Super Sunday My Friends,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/21/2015 5:01:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

Father's Day is celebrated on different dates worldwide and involves gift-giving, merrymaking and other family activities. It is a time to rejoice with your dad and show him that you care. Be it baking a savory dish or painting a colorful card, little gestures on Father's Day are heartfelt signs that unravel how much you love your dad. Now, if you want to add a hilarious touch to your Father's Day revelries, how about a few jokes and humor touching fatherhood.

Who is the Winner?

The father of five children had won a toy at a raffle.
He called his kids together to ask which one should have the present.
"Who is the most obedient?" he asked.
"Who never talks back to mother? and
"Who does everything mother says?"
Five small voices replied in unison. "Okay daddy! You get the toy."

The Joy Ride

Bob was 16 and finally got hold of his driver's license. In order to celebrate the special day, the whole family went out to the driveway and climbed into the car to enjoy his first official drive. However, dad went to the back seat, where he sat right behind his boy. When Bob saw his dad he said "Dad, you must be fed up of the front seat after teaching me how to drive all these days Right?" "Nope!", came the quick reply from the dad. "I'm going to sit back here and kick the back of your seat while you drive, just like you've been doing to me for the last sixteen years!"

Magic Penny

After putting their three-year-old child Brian in bed, his parents heard muffled sobs coming from his room one night. Rushing back in, they found that the child was crying hysterically when he saw them. He told his parents that he had accidentally swallowed a penny and was sure that he would die now. The father, in an attempt to sober him down, took out a penny from his pocket and pretended to pull it out from Brian's ear. The child was really thrilled and stopped crying at once. In a flash, he snatched the penny from his dad's hand, swallowed it, and then cheerfully demanded, "Do it again, Dad!"

Long-haired David

After getting his driving license, David visited home during vacation and asked his dad for the family car. His dad agreed, but put forwarded three conditions - good grades in school, a neat room and a decent haircut. After several months, David came home again. He had followed the three things that he had promised his dad, except getting his hair cut. When the father saw that his son had disobeyed him, he asked for an explanation. David smartly said, "Hey dad, even Jesus had long hair." His Father was not someone to be taken for a ride and smilingly replied, "Yes, son, you're absolutely right. And Jesus also walked everywhere he went."

Who's the Boss?

While having their evening dinner together, a little girl looked up at her father and asked, "Daddy, you're the boss in our family, right?" The father was very pleased to hear it and confidently replied, "Yes my little princess." The girl then continued, "That's because mommy put you in charge, right?"

The Little Beach Bum

A father was enjoying with his five-year-old son in the beach. Suddenly, the boy pointed to a dead bird and asked his father "Dad, what happened to this chap?" The dad coolly replied "Oh this? He just died and went to Heaven," The little boy thought for a moment and then said, "Oh My, Did God throw him back down?"

Glass of Water

A small boy came up to his dad and meekly said "Daddy, Daddy, can I have another glass of water please?" The dad replied "But I've given you 10 glasses of water already son!" The little boy then said, "Oh yes daddy, but the bedroom is still on fire!"

Final Touch

What do you call two people who do not hesitate to embarrass you in front of your friends? Mum and Dad!!

Have A Very Happy Father's Day My Friends,

Phil
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2015 1:48:21 AM
Hello Friends,

How about a few more laughs for a Sleepy Saturday Evening? As most of you know, most of my life I have been in Sales, so here's a few Salesmen Jokes that you might like...

A woman was waiting in the checkout line at a shopping center. Her arms were laden with a mop and broom and other cleaning supplies. By her hard glances and deep sighs, it was obvious she was in hurry and not a happy camper about the slowness of the line.

When the cashier called for a price check on a box of soap, the woman remarked indignantly, "Well, I'll be lucky to get out of here and home before Christmas!"

"Don't worry, ma'am," replied the clerk. "With a good tail wind and that brand new broom you have there, you'll be home in no time."

The top toothbrush salesman at the company was asked by his boss how he managed to sell so many brushes.

He replied "It's easy" and he pulled out his card table, setting his display of brushes on top. He told his boss, I lay the brushes out like this, and then I put out some potato chips and dip to draw in the customers. He laid out his chips and dip.

His boss said, "That's a very innovative approach" and took one of the chips, dipped it, and stuck it in his mouth. "Yuck, this tastes terrible!" his boss yelled.

The salesman replied "IT IS! Want to buy a toothbrush?"

One day Mike was sitting in his apartment when his doorbell unexpectedly rang. He answered the door and found a salesman standing on his porch with a strange object.
"What is that?" Mike asked.

"It's a thermos," the salesman replied.

"What does it do?" asked Mike. "This baby," the salesman said, "keeps hot things hot and cold things cold."

After some deliberation Mike bought one, deciding it would really help his lunch situation.

The next day he arrived at the plant where he works. Sure enough, all the other employees were curious about his new object. "What is it?" they asked.

"It's a thermos," Mike replied.

"What does it do?" they asked.

"Well," Mike says in a bragging manner, "It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold."

"What do ya got in it?"

To which Mike says, "Three cups of coffee and a popsicle."

An inexperienced real estate salesman asked his boss if he could refund the deposit to an angry customer who had discovered that the lot he had bought was under water.

“What kind of salesman are you?” the boss scolded. “Get out there and sell that man a boat!"

"Do you believe in life after death?" the boss asked one of his Salesmen when he came in one morning.

"Yes, sir," the salesman replied.

"That's good," the boss said. "Because, after you left early yesterday to go to your grandmother's funeral, she stopped in to see you."

And, finally...

A Cajun named, Jean Paul, moved to Texas and bought a donkey from
an old farmer named Ben for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the
donkey the next day.

The next day, Ben drove up and said, "Sorry, but I have some bad news.
The donkey died."

"Well, then, just give me the money back," said Jean Paul

"Can't do that. I went and spent it already." Replied Ben

"OK, then. Just unload the donkey," said Jean Paul.

"What ya going to do with him?" asked Ben.

"I'm going to raffle him off," said Jean Paul.

"You can't raffle off a dead donkey!" uttered Ben.

"Sure can. Watch me. I just won't tell that he's dead," said Jean Paul.

A month later Ben met up with the Cajun and asked, "What happened
with that dead donkey?"

"I raffled him off, I did. I sold 500-hundred tickets at two dollars apiece
and made a profit of $898," said Jean Paul.

"Didn't anyone complain?" inquired Ben.

"Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back,” said Jean Paul

Have A Super Saturday,

Phil
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!