Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Fear of the phone - You can choose who answers the phone
1/26/2006 3:55:29 PM
Hello friends, Recently I had a Mentoring student who wanted to discuss the difficulties with calling business prospects and the FEAR that accompanies the thought of picking up the phone to call the next person. It is a common problem felt by many people who are marketing a business by phone. It was a problem for me too until I learned that I can be in control of how I feel when I make those calls - and I can be in control of who answers the phone (more on that later). Here is what I learned and what I can share with you to hopefully shorten your learning curve when it comes to picking up the phone to call those prospects for your business: Determine the type of person you want to invite to join your business. Make a written list of the characterstics of your ideal business partner. What kind of person do you want to work with? Here are some suggested qualities: Motivated - They have a reason to build a new business. Qualified - They have money to get started. Personable - You will enjoy working with them. Available - They will make time to participate. Experienced - They have home business expertise. List other qualities you require in a business partner. Keep in mind that you are going to attract the type of person you are expecting to attract. You really want to attract individuals who are better and more qualified at business than you. In other words, recuit UP. That will give you people who are qualified to help you expand your business - and it's a great thing when you can also learn from your new business associates. Once you have your list of qualifications and characteristics, keep that list on your desk and review it before you make each phone call. Create an Affirmation to describe who you want to answer the phone. Yes, I said you can decide who answers the phone. Try an Affirmation like this: "It is my Intention that ONLY strong qualified leaders who are interested in my products and services and who WANT to talk to me will answer their phone." Or something like this: "I only talk to people who want to talk to me." Wow! That means that you don't even want those who have no interest to answer the phone! Yes! Wouldn't you rather talk to fewer people who are more qualified than more people who are less qualified? Of course! Here is another Affirmation you can use: "It is my Intention to easily and effortlessly attract to me strong qualified leaders who are looking for what I have to offer, who are motivated and ready to make a decision to join my business today." How good does that feel? Remember that you are looking for people that you want to work with long term to expand your business together. You get to decide who joins you in your business. How wonderful is that? You can use these same techniques to attract Customers, too. Just re-word the affirmations to include characteristics of qualified customers. "It is my Intention to easily and effortlessly attract to me people who see value in the products and services I offer, who are motivated and ready to make a decision to get started today." While you are learning to attract the perfect business partners and customers, if you speak to someone and they sound unmotivated and "lazy," LET THEM GO. Move on. Imagine how it will feel to be working with an unmotivated business partner for the next 10 years. Not! Remember, too, that a phone is just a phone. You can hang it up the same way you picked it up. You don't have to talk to anyone that makes you uncomfortable. You are in control. You get to choose. So, make your list, write your Affirmations and review them each time you get ready to start making phone calls. Send me a note and let me know the difference this process makes for you, ok?
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fear of the phone - You can choose who answers the phone
1/26/2006 5:51:20 PM
Hi Linda, Thank you for the invitation. This is a great bit of advice and needs to be taught over and over. I was just telling someone this very same thing yesterday! God bless, Dave
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
1/26/2006 6:42:15 PM
Hi Dave, That is fabulous. Share your favorite affirmation that you use daily!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Janise Collins

369 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/26/2006 8:44:36 PM
Linda, Thank you so very much for this insightful information. I am going to apply this knowledge base to my next campaign. :) Be blessed in 2006' Your friend, Classic Corners www.classicwebstore.com
Hope to meet you soon! Regards, Classic Corners http://www.classicwebstore.com
+0
Ron
Ron Stouder

277 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/26/2006 9:16:42 PM
Hi Linda, Good points. Thank you. There is nothing like hands on experience to perfect your methods, business to business, telemarketing, in-home presentations, internet, etc. Keep up the good work. Ron S.
Ron Stouder
+0