Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: 300-year-old sunken treasure found off Florida
8/7/2014 4:23:52 AM

My dear Joyce, two or three days ago, the music in the below video caught my ear and so far it has not left me. It brings tears to my eyes especially in a passage the lady singer's voice rises in emotion. It is rapidly becoming an obsession to me.

A few months ago I rediscovered Caravaggio's Rest in the Flight to Egypt, one of my favorite paintings of all times. I find it so exquisite that I could spend hours contemplating it.

You will probably not believe me if I tell you that when I try to think of a book or a novel that has impressed me the most since I was a child, one of the works that comes to my mind is Humiliated and Insulted by Feodor Dostoevsky. As Einstein used to say, "Dostoevsky gives me more than any scientist, more than Gauss!"

Why am I telling you all this? I am not very sure myself, but I am not trying to disprove what you just told me in your post. You are right in all you say and I think likewise myself, I know we cannot change a jot or else everything would have changed course. And yet, back then my life was a tragedy. Years on end trying to become an accountant, a businessman, something like being hit by stormy weather everywhere, everyday...

Only when I promised myself to never again try to be what I am not and never have been, did I begin to live my own life - even if in a very small scale - as a painter, a musician, a writer, and smile again, and be in peace with myself.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/7/2014 4:57:27 PM
Miguel, thank you so much for sharing such beauty and how it has affected you.
I hope you realize how much your forums enrich my life as there is no way I would have seen such a variety of wondrous images had you not taken on this mission.
I understand what you are saying about choosing to go in a new direction at a certain time of your life, and we out in cyberspace are the beneficiaries of it.
My life could be compared to a flying kite I think. Anchored to the lives of husband and children and now grandchildren and at the same time fluttering in the wind and enjoying the ride the sights and sounds along the way and getting battered by the wind and the storms.
I would not change a thing because the storms - I survived (literally) so I have gained mental and emotional resources that I would not ever have found otherwise.
The amazing gift of the internet that allows me to meet and get to know so many wonderful people is just so awesome!
Without it I would have missed you and Branka and Mike and Shirley and Roger and Myna and Patricia and Sara and so many more.

You are leaving quite a legacy my friend.
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/13/2014 2:19:24 AM
Joyce,

This reply of you has made me feel like a little boy unable to respond adequately. What can I say when I feel not equal to the task? Only add that coming out of my absurd, earlier life was so lenghty and difficult or so it seemed to me. It involved leaving so many things behind, all of them extremely negative to my health both physical and mental. But in fact it was all decided in one split second, and help from above was decisive. Otherwise it would have been too much for me.

Not that life is easy now, like you, I have been - still am - battered by the wind. And my family life is so rudimentary that I don't know if I can call it like that at all. A dear god-daughter who left to live her own life, a dear sister who calls on occasion, the dear lady who cares for me and my needs and those of my dogs at home, my dear dogs themselves, that's all. Yet rudimentary or not, it is perfect for me at this stage. It is one of those things where the lesser is better.

For the rest... I could copy what you say about the precious gift of the Internet and this dear Adlandpro community. And of course, my activity in it (my "mission" as you call it)... I would not change any of it. This and my daily reading and meditation, and the walks with my dogs, all of it fills my life with joy and love and happiness.

As to my legacy... I so hope I am leaving one. Thank you, dear friend.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/13/2014 9:09:06 PM
You are such a kindred spirit.
I don't often meet people who are, as a result I don't socialize more than absolutely necessary. I can't be in a room with too many people-their combined energy is too much for me to deal with.
I have made my world as small as I can and I enjoy it that way.I can relish the joyful memories that I have created in the past. We are living in such volatile times that I feel safety and comfort in my own little world for now.
Maybe this will change maybe not.
We will see what the morning brings:)

+1
10/22/2014 8:06:07 AM
Hmmm i have doupt about it. If it is 300 years old then why its look New??
The wise man think with his brain not desires, this is why men of Taqwa marry for deen then beauty. http://islamiworld.com Islam | Smartphones | News Gone
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!