Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Amazing unknown fact and info!
1/18/2014 3:49:53 AM
A man was nominated for the Nobel Prize 35 times, but he never won!

Gilbert N. Lewis( born in 1875 ) was an American physical chemist and was known for his discovery of the covalent bond, the Lewis dot structure, and his concept of electron pairs. Lewis has successfully contributed to thermodynamics, photochemistry, and isotope separation, and is also known for his concept of acids and bases. 1926, Lewis coined the term "photon" for the smallest unit of radiant energy.

He attended Harvard University and studied abroad in Germany and the Phillipines. Lewis then went to teach at the University of California, Berkeley and remained there for the rest of his life. Though he was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 35 times, he never won. In 1946, he was found dead in his Berkeley laboratory. While he had been working with hydrogen cyanide, many believe his death was a suicide.
+2
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/26/2014 4:56:56 AM
So lets Hug for longer time!!

The average length of a hug between two people is 3 seconds. But researchers have discovered something fantastic. When a hug lasts 20 seconds, there is a therapeutic effect on the body and mind. The reason is that a sincere hug produces a hormone called "oxytocin", also known as the love hormone. This substance has many benefits in our physical and mental health, helps us, among other things, to relax, to feel safe and calm our fears and anxiety. This wonderful calming is offered free of charge every time we have a person in our arms, who cradled a child, we cherish a dog or cat, we're dancing with our partner, the closer we get to someone or just hold the shoulders of a friend
+2
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/21/2014 6:24:44 PM
Ghost Heart !

This is a " Ghost Heart ". It has been decellularized, leaving only connective tissue. The organ can then be reseeded with a patients own cells to regenerate it so it can be transplanted without fear of tissue rejection.

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/10/2014 7:08:31 AM

Amazing love story!!!

Source:
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/10/2014 6:48:11 PM
Hafiz,

That is a beautiful story. One that doesn't happen too often, it sure touches the heart.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!