Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Healthy "Italian"
10/29/2013 3:04:00 AM

Hello Friends,

Well, friends, I'm not exactly a shadow of my former self, however, I have dropped over 75 lbs since March, 2013, or approximately 10 lbs per month. Most of this is due to eating no more than three egg yolks per week, nothing but fresh vegetables and white meat (fish, chicken, and turkey, drinking water, green tea or black coffee and consuming no more than 1,500 calories daily based loosely around weight watchers principles.

Here's one of my favorite weight watchers meals. This mock Italian delight is creamy, cheesy, and deliciously comforting, while still being rich and satisfying enough to be served as a main dish and also works well as a side. It’s a healthier, lower carb alternative to a pasta dish, and is a great Weight Watchers recipe at only four points.

Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Bake Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 large spaghetti squash
  • 6oz chicken sausage (I used 2 links)
  • 1 cup fat free chicken broth
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp light butter
  • 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
  • 1 tbsp dried, ground sage
  • 2 tsp dried parsley
  • 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly mist a 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. With a sharp knife, pierce some holes all over the squash. Place it in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for about 7 minutes. This will soften the squash enough so that it can be cut in half. Let squash cool about 10 minutes before handling.
  3. Once squash has cooled, cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds. Lightly mist both halves with an olive oil mister and sprinkle with salt. Place in a shallow baking dish with about 1/2 “ of water (cut sides up), and roast in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender.
  4. When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape with a fork to remove flesh in long strands, and place strands in a large bowl.
  5. Remove casings from sausage, dice, and add into the squash.
  6. In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in the flour to form a roux. Then slowly whisk in the milk, broth and garlic. Bring to a boil, while whisking constantly. Then lower heat to medium, stir in the parmesan and sage, and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
  7. Pour sauce over squash and mix well and season with salt and pepper.
  8. Pour squash into prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then top with the Panko breadcrumbs and dried parsley.
  9. Place in oven and bake until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
  10. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into 8 equally sized servings.

Preparation time: 15 minute(s)

Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s)

Calories: 164; Fat: 6g; Protein: 12g

Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points +

Have A Terrific Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+2
RE: Healthy "Italian"
10/29/2013 3:06:42 PM
Hi Phil, wonderful to see you back and posting again and CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. Keep up the good work. :)

Quote:

Hello Friends,

Well, friends, I'm not exactly a shadow of my former self, however, I have dropped over 75 lbs since March, 2013, or approximately 10 lbs per month. Most of this is due to eating no more than three egg yolks per week, nothing but fresh vegetables and white meat (fish, chicken, and turkey, drinking water, green tea or black coffee and consuming no more than 1,500 calories daily based loosely around weight watchers principles.

Here's one of my favorite weight watchers meals. This mock Italian delight is creamy, cheesy, and deliciously comforting, while still being rich and satisfying enough to be served as a main dish and also works well as a side. It’s a healthier, lower carb alternative to a pasta dish, and is a great Weight Watchers recipe at only four points.

Spaghetti Squash and Sausage Bake Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 large spaghetti squash
  • 6oz chicken sausage (I used 2 links)
  • 1 cup fat free chicken broth
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp light butter
  • 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
  • 1 tbsp dried, ground sage
  • 2 tsp dried parsley
  • 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly mist a 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. With a sharp knife, pierce some holes all over the squash. Place it in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for about 7 minutes. This will soften the squash enough so that it can be cut in half. Let squash cool about 10 minutes before handling.
  3. Once squash has cooled, cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds. Lightly mist both halves with an olive oil mister and sprinkle with salt. Place in a shallow baking dish with about 1/2 “ of water (cut sides up), and roast in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender.
  4. When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape with a fork to remove flesh in long strands, and place strands in a large bowl.
  5. Remove casings from sausage, dice, and add into the squash.
  6. In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in the flour to form a roux. Then slowly whisk in the milk, broth and garlic. Bring to a boil, while whisking constantly. Then lower heat to medium, stir in the parmesan and sage, and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
  7. Pour sauce over squash and mix well and season with salt and pepper.
  8. Pour squash into prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then top with the Panko breadcrumbs and dried parsley.
  9. Place in oven and bake until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
  10. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into 8 equally sized servings.

Preparation time: 15 minute(s)

Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s)

Calories: 164; Fat: 6g; Protein: 12g

Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points +

Have A Terrific Evening,

Phil

+0
Walter Thomas Jr

227 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/29/2013 4:14:40 PM
"My food will be my Medicine,
my Medicine will be my Food."
Go here for more information!
http://www.howtogrowweed420.com/929.html
+0
10/29/2013 4:44:30 PM
Walter, are you SERIOUS???????? This is a joke, RIGHT??????????

Quote:
"My food will be my Medicine,
my Medicine will be my Food."
Go here for more information!
http://www.howtogrowweed420.com/929.html
+0
Walter Thomas Jr

227 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/29/2013 5:27:32 PM
Yes it is; This was not the intented Marketing places, sorroy!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!