Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Nikola Tesla
9/23/2013 6:18:19 PM

Nikola Tesla: A Third Grade David and Goliath Story

+0
Luella May

2930 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
9/23/2013 8:38:46 PM
Thank you Branka. Exactly, it's time to change our thinking and investigate our relationship to the cosmos. Nikola Tesla was a great man. Such a heartbreak to be discredited in such a way but he will live on forever.

And speaking of living on forever, our Jill is exploring new horizons. Although we miss her greatly, she is working towards her fulfillment beyond the veil. One day, we will run into her again, as I believe we will run into each other again. I think that our relationship here is much more than something on the physical plane. We are soul family.

Love and hugs to you and dearest Myrna.

Luella
xo
Nerium AD, breakthrough in skin care http://www.nerium.com/default.aspx?ID=luellamay The Best Years in Life, a website for those who want to live healthy and happy lives http://www.tbyil.com
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/23/2013 10:05:54 PM
Hi BB,
A Portrait of Nikola Tesla

Nikola Tesla was born in 1856 in Smiljan Lika, Croatia. He was the son of a Serbian Orthodox clergyman. Tesla studied engineering at the Austrian Polytechnic School. He worked as an electrical engineer in Budapest and later emigrated to the United States in 1884 to work at the Edison Machine Works. He died in New York City on January 7, 1943.

During his lifetime, Tesla invented fluorescent lighting, the Tesla induction motor, the Tesla coil, and developed the alternating current (AC) electrical supply system that included a motor and transformer, and 3-phase electricity.

Tesla is now credited with inventing modern radio as well; since the Supreme Court overturned Guglielmo Marconi's patent in 1943 in favor of Nikola Tesla's earlier patents. When an engineer (Otis Pond) once said to Tesla, "Looks as if Marconi got the jump on you" regarding Marconi's radio system, Tesla replied, "Marconi is a good fellow. Let him continue. He is using seventeen of my patents."

The Tesla coil, invented in 1891, is still used in radio and television sets and other electronic equipment.

Nikola Tesla - Mystery Invention

Ten years after patenting a successful method for producing alternating current, Nikola Tesla claimed the invention of an electrical generator that would not consume any fuel. This invention has been lost to the public. Tesla stated about his invention that he had harnessed the cosmic rays and caused them to operate a motive device.

In total, Nikola Telsa was granted more than one hundred patents and invented countless unpatented inventions.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/23/2013 10:08:34 PM
Nikola Tesla Lecturing
Illustration of Nikola Tesla Lecturing Circa 1880s

Illustration of Nikola Tesla Lecturing Circa 1880s

Kean Collection/Getty Images
Engraving of Croatian-born inventor Nikola Tesla (1856 - 1943) lecturing before the French Physical Society and The International Society of Electricians.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/23/2013 10:15:18 PM
I just finished my newest SlideShare presentation, of course dedicated to Nikola Tesla. Just to remind you that year 2013 is 70 years of his death. And today was Inauguration of Tesla's Monument on Long Island, New York, so I needed to manage to do this presentation.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!