Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Share Your Knowledge
9/2/2013 7:50:21 PM

Nobody seems to be able to get the balance right.

In the UK in the past few years the government has encouraged schools with better resources etc based upon examination results. What happened?

The competition has meant that rather than work with a students strengths the schools have forced students to take large numbers of subjects and forced many to do subjects that they neither need or want.

The result, lots of qualified students in all the same subjects and few individuals.

Instead of helping poor performance schools the reward the best.

Students forced to go to poor achieving schools are disadvantaged.

Please, let us have schooling that works with students and not in the interests of a school.

+3
Sadia Khawar

127 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/3/2013 8:18:46 AM
you are right , the most required step is to keep all the school system best and also to discard the schools which don't fulfill the requirements of a well established organization in encouraging schooling levels to be improved.
+2
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/3/2013 8:42:42 AM
Quote:

Nobody seems to be able to get the balance right.

In the UK in the past few years the government has encouraged schools with better resources etc based upon examination results. What happened?

The competition has meant that rather than work with a students strengths the schools have forced students to take large numbers of subjects and forced many to do subjects that they neither need or want.

The result, lots of qualified students in all the same subjects and few individuals.

Instead of helping poor performance schools the reward the best.

Students forced to go to poor achieving schools are disadvantaged.

Please, let us have schooling that works with students and not in the interests of a school.

Roger, in my opinion, the change would not sustain current didactics and existing approaches to education at all. We have a paradoxical situation in which gained knowledge becomes like facade of the old buildings, without encouraging creativity and in fact, it is not much advanced to the medieval school.

The change should be comprehensive.

+3
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2013 7:39:48 PM

Branka,

Great and suitable cartoon.

Loved it.

+2
Sadia Khawar

127 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/20/2013 5:51:17 AM
Cosmologists have formulated a new theory that suggest the universe didn’t start with the Big Bang. They believe the birth of the universe happened after a 4D star collapsed into a black hole and ejected debris, which helps explain why the universe has an almost uniform temperature.

The standard Big Bang model tells us that the Universe exploded out of an infinitely dense point, or singularity. But nobody knows what would have triggered this outburst: the known laws of physics cannot tell us what happened at that moment.

“For all physicists know, dragons could have come flying out of the singularity,” says Niayesh Afshordi, an astrophysicist at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Canada.

It is also difficult to explain how a violent Big Bang would have left behind a Universe that has an almost completely uniform temperature, because there does not seem to have been enough time since the birth of the cosmos for it to have reached temperature equilibrium.

To most cosmologists, the most plausible explanation for that uniformity is that, soon after the beginning of time, some unknown form of energy made the young Universe inflate at a rate that was faster than the speed of light. That way, a small patch with roughly uniform temperature would have stretched into the vast cosmos we see today. But Afshordi notes that “the Big Bang was so chaotic, it’s not clear there would have been even a small homogenous patch for inflation to start working on”.

+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!