Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
A Healthy Snack For You To Enjoy
7/22/2013 3:24:47 PM

Hi Friends,

Here's a little something that I've tried from my Weight Watcher's Files and I just loved them. I think you'll like them as well. These Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins are moist, filling and incredibly delicious. They're a wonderful breakfast on the go or a healthy snack, are simple to make, and can easily be frozen and reheated. Also, they are a real treat with that morning cup of coffee and at just 100 Calories and only 1 Gram of Fat per Muffin, they're guilt-free as well.

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins

• 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
  • 1 cup fat free milk
  • 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  1. In a small bowl, combine the oats and milk. Cover, refrigerate, and let sit for 1 hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with nonfat cooking spray.
  3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
  4. Remove oats from refrigerator, and add in the egg substitute, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
  5. Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
  6. Pour muffin mixture into muffin pan, and place in oven. Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until muffin is cooked through and a toothpick comes out dry when inserted. Remove from muffin pan and place on cooling rack. Yields l Dozen Muffins.

Happy Monday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Mark Gibson

236 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: A Healthy Snack For You To Enjoy
7/22/2013 11:54:24 PM
Thanks but I am not in to rolled oats.
However though if you are wanting a healthy snack and one that can earn you money as well give Jerky Direct a look. JD has been around since 2005 and offers all natural, organic jerky. Like 40 varieties to choose from... beef, buffalo, turkey & chicken.

www.justinsteam.jerkydirect.com

Enjoy!

To YOUR success, Mark Gibson mystuff@cards4u.ws www.cards4u.ws
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2013 12:26:56 AM

Hi Mark,

No thanks. I really don't care for Beef Jerky, but thanks for stopping by and leaving your Ad.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2013 6:11:15 PM
Hi Phil,

I love your "no thank you" dance. So cool

I love Mound bars but wanted to get away from all the ingredients that I don't know what it means and to look it up it takes too long. So I found a recipe which sounds really great. Hope you enjoy it too. I plan to use other sweetener called Lo Han (monk fruit) zero calories, which I like much more then Stevia.
Homemade Mounds Bars

This recipe doesn’t yield very many bars, but that’s because I didn’t want a whole bunch to just be lying around the house. After you try these, you’ll know why. But hey, for less than 30 calories each, I guess you can eat as many as you want. Which is a lot. You’ll want to eat a lot.

Makes 5 bars (recipe can be easily doubled)

Adapted from my Instant Low Calorie Coconut Butter and Homemade Healthy “Chocolate”

Nutritional Comparison

Hershey’s Mounds Bar

Serving size: 1 fun-sized bar

Calories: 92

Fat: 5 grams

vs.

Homemade Mounds Bars

(calculated with reduced fat coconut)

Serving size: 1 fun-sized bar

Calories: ~29

Fat: ~1.5 grams

Ingredients

1/4 cup coconut (I used reduced fat)

1/4 cup almond milk (Almond coconut milk would be lovely.)

2 packets of stevia

2 teaspoons coconut flour

2 Tablespoon carob powder

1/4 cup almond milk

Directions

In a small bowl, stir together coconut, 1/4 cup of almond milk, stevia, and coconut flour until thoroughly combined. You can add more or less sweetener here, depending on your personal taste. Form the coconut mixture into five little logs on a plate, and freeze until hardened.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together carob powder and the remaining 1/4 cup of almond milk until no lumps remain. Cook over low heat until the mixture is thickened like chocolate sauce, which may happen almost immediately. Turn the heat off.

Now fetch the hardened coconut logs from the freezer, and carefully dip them into the carob mixture until there is an even coating all around the outside. Return to the plate and repeat with the remaining logs. When you are finished, pop the plate back into the freezer and freeze until hardened.

Note: These must be stored in the freezer and eaten immediately unless you want a melted mess on your hands. Trust me, you do not want to waste something this yummy.

Enjoy!

-Kelly M
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2013 2:25:01 AM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks so much my Friend, for the Homemade Mound Bars Recipe. Two of the things that I miss the most as a Diabetic are Chocolate and Coconut. This lets me have both without the guilt. I'll try them this weekend.

Although I generally use either Splenda or Stevia, I'm always looking for a safe and good-tasting sugar substitute. I've never tried "monk fruit" so I look forward to seeing how it works.

After reading about the many benefits of Xylitol, I went looking for a recipe that would tell me how to add it to unsweetened chocolate and make my own sugar-free chocolate. To find my Xylitol I first of course turned to Puritan's Pride, the same place that I buy all of Stevia. I couldn't find a good recipe quickly and was feeling impatient, so I made this up and it turned out quite well. Combining the Xylitol with Sugar Twin seems to gives a better flavor. When I made this with Xylitol only, it had a "too sweet" taste. Also, I used crunchy peanut butter (which is why you see bits of peanuts in the photo), but of course you could use smooth.

Low-Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients:

• 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
  • 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup xylitol sugar substitute
  • 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation:

1. Melt the baking chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat.
  2. Add xylitol and half & half, and stir to blend well.
  3. Heat the mixture, stirring occasionally, until dissolved, smooth, and very hot (no need to boil).
  4. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
  5. Press mixture into a flat container that gives the desired height for your fudge. I use a fairly small container so that when I slice the fudge, pieces will be square.
  6. Chill until firm, then cut into 16 pieces. Store in refrigerator

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!