Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Here's A Little Something Fishy For Friday
7/13/2013 3:10:26 AM
Hi Phil, I just wanted to say a very warm welcome back and I LOVE salmon and I am keeping these recipes close at hand :-)

Did you know you were mentioned on Bogdan's blog today? You sure were..maybe take a look when you have a chance?

Adlandpro Friday Review for July 12, 2013

Have a great weekend

Diane
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2013 10:34:47 PM

Hi Diane,

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Your kind words and thoughts are always appreciated. Thanks also for the link to Bogdan's Blog. I'll be sure and visit it regularly and I'll be back here at Adland with more recipes as often as possible.

Be Blessed My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2013 9:13:28 PM

Hello Again My Friends,

I'm back with another Fish story for Friday. In today's edition, the ever versatile Tilapia gets a fun makeover with the addition of quinoa, black beans and sautéed vegetables. The end result is a colorful dish, packed with protein and flavor and a family favorite around our house.

Tilapia With Quinoa and Black Beans

• 1 cup quinoa
  • 1 cup canned black beans (rinsed)
  • 1 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1 cup sliced zucchini
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 tilapia fillets (about 1 lb. total)
  • 1/3 cup sliced green onions

1. Cook quinoa as package directs. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cook beans and vegetables with 1 tbsp. oil, the lemon juice, and paprika until warm, about 5 minutes. Season vegetable mixture and fish with salt and pepper.

2. In a frying pan over medium-high heat, cook fish in remaining 2 tbsp. oil until browned, 5 minutes. Serve fish over quinoa with vegetable mixture and onions. Serves 4.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2013 4:22:39 PM
Hello Friends,
It's Friday, so here's another little something fishy that I have always enjoyed. This easy recipe for tilapia only takes a few minutes to prepare, uses only a few ingredients, and is quite flavorful.
Baked Tilapia
6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia

Try this recipe as an alternative to regular potato salad. I have several others, however none are quite this easy. It is a winner every time and there are never any leftovers.
Red Potato Salad
5 -6 red potatoes, unpeeled
salt & pepper, to taste
1 pint sour cream
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 bag of recipe ready bacon bits
  1. Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces.
  2. Boil for about 12 minutes or until fork tender.
  3. Drain potatoes and allow to cool completely. Add remaining ingredients; all of which can be adjusted to your liking.

Happy Weekend My Friends,

Phil

+0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/1/2013 3:04:26 PM

Hello Friends,

Tomorrow's Friday, so here's a little something fishy that I hope you might enjoy along with me. Dill weed is featured prominently in this recipe, and the herb works well with the smoked salmon. Just be sure it's fresh.

A salad of baby greens and raspberry vinaigrette and some pencil-thin breadsticks will go well with the pasta. End the dinner with orange sherbet and maybe some Swedish butter cookies.

Angel Hair Pasta with Smoked Salmon

Ingredients:

4 cups Half and Half
    1 cup clam juice
    1 cup dry white wine
    6 cloves garlic
    2 teaspoons
    whole black peppercorns
    2 teaspoons dill weed
    1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
    3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 pound
    Angel Hair pasta
    2 teaspoons salt
    8 ounces smoked salmon
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 cup sour cream
    4 sprigs fresh dill weed

Directions:

In a large saucepan, reduce 4 cups half and half at a gentle simmer until it is half its original volume

Meanwhile, in a smaller pot, combine clam juice, wine, garlic, peppercorns, salt, 2 teaspoons dill, and vinegar. Reduce at a rolling boil to half its original volume. Strain, and dispose of garlic and peppercorns. Add wine reduction to reduced cream. Reserve.

With an electric mixer, whip 1 cup cream to medium peaks. Add sour cream, and whip until blended. In boiling, lightly salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and cool by running cold water through it to halt cooking.

In a 10 to 12 inch saute pan, heat cream/wine sauce to boil, then whisk in parmesan until well blended. Sauce will continue to reduce quickly. Add cooked pasta to sauce, and toss to coat evenly. Divide between 4 dishes, topping each with 2 ounces smoked salmon, a dollop whipped sour cream mixture, and a sprig of dill. Serves up to eight.

Happy Weekend Friends,

Phil

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!