Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Facts about human being!!
8/7/2013 12:17:29 AM
This is fascinating info, Hafiz. Findings like this announce a new era in medicine and maybe other branches of science and technology. However, it might lead to evil uses at the same time.

Quote:
Human saliva contains a painkiller 6 times more stronger than morphine!!

Human saliva contains a natural painkiller called opiorphin. Due to its powerful painkilling ability, scientists are trying to synthesize a new natural painkiller from opiorphin. It is great, because it doesn’t have the same addicting attributes that morphine does and would work better with the body.
In a study, 1 milligram of opiorphin gave the same results as 3 milligrams of morphine did. In another study, involving rats standing on pins, they needed 6 times more morphine than opiorphin to make them oblivious to the pain.
Opiorphin works in the nerve cells of the spine. It stops the usual destruction of natural pain killing opiates in the spine called enkephalins. It is such a simple molecule, that scientists believe it’ll be possible to synthesize it and produce large quantities of it without needing to isolate it from saliva. Another approach is to find a drug that will make the body produce more opiorphin to manage pain.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/7/2013 1:50:07 PM
Miguel Every good thing has a evil side done by evil minded person. But for them, good things can not be in dark.
You are right. It will bring a new era in medical sector.
+2
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/7/2013 2:58:48 PM
Quote:
Miguel Every good thing has a evil side done by evil minded person. But for them, good things can not be in dark.
You are right. I will bring a new era in medical sector.

Hafiz, This is what makes you so special, you are so open to suggestions. Plus, you act upon them.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+2
2/27/2015 3:57:20 PM
Most Interesting!
When in Doubt Look to the Heavens, God is always waiting for You. Just seek and You will find!
+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!