Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Laugh or not laugh, it is up to you!!!
6/23/2013 11:07:01 AM
Death from Laughter!!!

Death from laughter refers to a rare instance of death, usually resulting from cardiac arrest or asphyxiation, caused by a fit of laughter. Instances of death by laughter have been recorded fromAncient Greece to the modern day. The first recorded use of the alternative term fatal hilarity is from 1956.

Pathophysiology:

Death may result from several pathologies that deviate from benign laughter. Infarction of the pons and medulla oblongata in the brain may cause pathological laughter.

Laughter can cause atonia and collapse (“gelastic syncope”),] which in turn can cause trauma. See also laughter-induced syncope, cataplexy, and Bezold-Jarisch reflex. Gelastic seizures can be due to focal lesions to the hypothalamus. Depending upon the size of the lesion, the emotional lability may be a sign of an acute condition, and not itself the cause of the fatality. Gelastic syncope has also been associated with the cerebellum.

Historical deaths attributed to laughter

• Zeuxis, a 5th century BC Greek painter, is said to have died laughing at the humorous way he painted the goddess Aphrodite – after the old woman who commissioned it insisted on modeling for the portrait.
  • One ancient account of the death of Chrysippus, the 3rd century BC Greek Stoic philosopher, tells that he died of laughter after he saw a donkey eating his figs; he told a slave to give the donkey neat wine to drink to wash them down with, and then, ‘…having laughed too much, he died’ (Diogenes Laertius 7.185).
  • In 1410, King Martin of Aragon died from a combination of indigestion and uncontrollable laughter.
  • In 1556, Pietro Aretino ”is said to have died of suffocation from laughing too much”.
  • In 1660, Thomas Urquhart, the Scottish aristocrat, polymath and first translator of François Rabelais’s writings into English, is said to have died laughing upon hearing that Charles II had taken the throne.
  • On 24 March 1975, Alex Mitchell, from King’s Lynn, England, died laughing while watching the “Kung Fu Kapers” episode of The Goodies, featuring a kilt-clad Scotsman with his bagpipesbattling a master of the Lancastrian martial art ”Eckythump”, who was armed with a black pudding. After twenty-five minutes of continuous laughter, Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and died from heart failure. His widow later sent The Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell’s final moments of life so pleasant. Diagnosis of his granddaughter in 2012 of having the inheritable long QT syndrome (a heart rhythm abnormality) suggests that Mitchell may have died of a cardiac arrest caused by long QT syndrome.
  • In 1989, Ole Bentzen, a Danish audiologist, died laughing while watching A Fish Called Wanda. His heart was estimated to have beaten at between 250 and 500 beats per minute, before he succumbed to cardiac arrest.
  • In 2003, Damnoen Saen-um, a Thai ice cream salesman, is reported to have died while laughing in his sleep at the age of 52. His wife was unable to wake him, and he stopped breathing after two minutes of continuous laughter. He is believed to have died of either heart failure or asphyxiation.

Courtesy to: amazingbeautifulworld

+3
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Laughter may causes death!!!
6/23/2013 11:26:35 AM
Oh I really am familiar to this topic, thanks Hafiz.
Usually daily several times I say : OMG I'd die laughing! (just say, but our subconsciousness does not know for humor).

What distinguishes remedy and poison is quantity, isn't it?
How to be cautious with laugher?
Or with love?

LOL
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Laugh or not laugh, it is up to you!!!
9/14/2013 3:58:39 AM
Two guys were hiking in the mountains when they came across an old mine shaft going straight down into the ground.
“Wow,” said the first guy. “I wonder how deep it is?”

“I dunno,” said the second. “Let’s find out.” With that, he dropped a rock down the hole. They waited and waited, but didn’t hear it hit bottom.

“Hmm. Let’s try a bigger rock,” said the first guy, and tossed a watermelon sized stone down the hole. They waited a couple of minutes, but didn’t hear it hit either. So, they looked around for something bigger to throw down and came across an old railroad tie, which they lifted together and dumped down the hole. Then suddenly, as they waited to hear it hit, a goat streaked between the two of them and jumped straight down the mine shaft.

While they stood there scratching their heads in amazement, a third guy came up the path and asked them if they’d seen a goat.

“Yeah, just now,” said one of the first two guys. “It just ran up and jumped down this hole.”

“Oh, well then it couldn’t have been my goat,” said the third guy. “My goat was tied to an old railroad tie.”
+0
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/15/2013 5:25:15 PM
If famous actors were women!!

+3
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/17/2013 2:03:07 PM

Smart Kid!

Dad- Who do you like more Mamma or Dad?

Kid- Both

Dad- No, tell me one?

Kid- Both

Dad- If i go to America & your mother to Paris.
Where will you go?

Kid- Paris..

Dad- It means you like your Mom?

Kid- No, because Paris is beautiful than America.

Dad- If i go to Paris & your Mom goes to America so where will you go?

Kid- America..

Dad- why?

Kid- I've already seen Paris with my Mom, Daddy.:)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!