Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Interesting things around us
7/24/2013 1:24:43 PM
The immortal tree!!!

The Immortal Tree is over 950 years old and has experienced more trials and tribulations than any single tree should. It has been a victim of lightning strikes, fires, floods and the logger’s ax. Yet it still stands and continues to grow heartily. Look up and you’ll see a wooden fish attached to the trunk where the color of the bark changes. This indicates the high water mark when the area flooded in 1964. There’s also part of an ax left stuck in the tree where loggers tried to cut it down, but eventually gave up when the tree would not give way. Several times, the Immortal Tree has been hit by lightning. The evidence of these strikes is on its scarred trunk. During its lifetime, through many forest fires, somehow this magical tree never burned down. The Immortal Tree is considered a truly exceptional specimen. This landmark, located one mile north of Redcrest, makes for a wonderful photo opportunity and is a perfect spot for a picnic.

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/25/2013 2:53:31 PM
A 72-million years old dinosaur tail has been uncovered!!

Mexican paleontologists say they have uncovered 50 vertebrae believed to be a full dinosaur tail in the northern desert of Coahuila state.

The National Institute of Anthropology and History says the tail is about 15 feet (5 meters) long and resembles that of a hadrosaur or crested duckbill dinosaur.

An institute Monday says it's not yet possible to confirm the species, but it would be the first full tail of that kind in Mexico.

Paleontologist Felisa Aguilar says they uncovered roughly half of the dinosaur, which was 36 feet (12 meters) long and lived about 72 million years ago.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/22/2726769/full-dinosaur-tail-excavated-in.html#storylink=cpy

+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/28/2013 2:31:38 PM
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/28/2013 3:26:24 PM
Underwater 'rivers' found running on the ocean floor !!

Scientists have discovered underwater rivers flowing along the bottom of the ocean. The undersea rivers were discovered off the western coastline of Australia, the first time the weird, undersea phenomenon has been seen in warm waters.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/28/2013 4:31:31 PM

Great posts.

The Dead Sea from space. Image credit: NASA
The lowest point on land is the Dead Sea that borders Israel, the West Bank and Jordan. It’s 420 meters below sea level.

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/15027/lowest-point-on-earth/#ixzz2aMGxBfK1

Lowest Point on Earth The 9 Most Extreme Places on the PlanetLowest Point on Earth
The Dead Sea is the lowest place on land that’s below sea level, at 1,378 feet. On the border of Jordan and Israel, the road around the Dead Sea also happens to be the lowest road on earth. Famous for its salinity (over ten times that of the Mediterranean Sea), the Dead Sea is said to be home of the first health retreat. Because of the extreme salt content, no life can survive in the sea, hence the name.
+1