Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Sharing Some Alternative Search Engines
6/22/2013 7:03:26 PM

How do you define "Search Engine"?

My definition of what a search engine is - A website the collects and organizes content from all over the internet. Some people call it a directory of all the known information (catalog) that people have put online.

I noted that Bogdan had talked about search engines on his Friday review that were noted for helping you with privacy issues:

DuckDuckGo
DuckDuckGo is a popular search engine for the privacy-conscious. As its privacy page says, DuckDuckGo doesn’t log any personally identifiable information. DuckDuckGo doesn’t use cookies to identify you, and it discards user agents and IP addresses from its server logs.
Startpage
Startpage searches Google for you – when you submit a search, Startpage submits the search to Google and returns the results to you. All Google sees is a large amount of searches coming from Startpage’s servers – they can’t tie any searches to you or track your searches.
Ixquick
Ixquick is the main search engine from the company that runs Startpage. Unlike Startpage, Ixquick pulls results from a variety of sources instead of only Google.

Were you aware that there are other search engines that can be very useful for you when you want to research something that is niche specific and looking for something in particular? The fact is the web abounds with answers to just about any question you might have and here are a list of a few alternative search engines that will help you find the answers.

time to share alternative search engines
Dogpile uses a super search of Google, yahoo and Yandex and delivers the results they feel is relevant to your search.
Adlandpro_bogdan_fiedur_ alternatvesearchengine_Dogpile.JPG

This search engine's goal is to build on existing knowledge and become a single, reliable source for definitive answers.

Adlandpro_bogdan_fiedur_ alternatvesearchengine_WolframAlpha.JPG
While Facebook is noted for finding people, this search engine is pretty darn cool. It is an alternative to the graph search where you can search through more than 1 billion people based on filters such as location, college and employment.

Adlandpro_bogdan_fiedur_ alternatvesearchengine_ark.JPG

PDF Searcher

Pdf Searcher is a pdf and ebook search engine. You can search and download every ebook or pdf for free!

Adlandpro_bogdan_fiedur_ alternatvesearchengine_PDF-Searcher.JPG

FindSounds

FindSounds.com, a free site where you can search the Web for sound effects and musical instrument samples
Adlandpro_bogdan_fiedur_ alternatvesearchengine_FindSounds.JPG

Blinkx

blinkx is the world largest and most advanced video search engine. blinkx pioneered video search on the Internet, developing an engine based on technology.

Adlandpro_bogdan_fiedur_ alternatvesearchengine_blinkx.JPG

While we will always use the mainstream search engines for many reasons, dont forget these alternatives as a way to finding great information for your different needs.

+2
Bob
Bob Shoaf

202 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Sharing Some Alternative Search Engines
6/23/2013 11:51:07 AM
Interesting.
Bob
I teach Network Marketers how to Brand themselves, generate Leads, build Relationships and Grow Themselves & Their Teams! www.Bob55.com All for Free in your company! Bob Shoaf (575) 415-8671 Cell Anytime A Mentor with a Servants Heart
+0
Ken
Ken Wolff

1889 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/24/2013 4:16:01 PM
Thanks Diane!

Awesome! I see some great stuff here that I need to look into! Some of it hits close to home....Hmmmmm! Just wondering...

Greetings from the Riu Santa Fe in Cabo! I came down here for the wedding of my son Michael & Katie! Find us on Facebook for lots of fun pictures! Will add more pictures after later ;-)

Going back to the park later today.

Make it a successful day!

Ken Wolff
Internet Marketing Consultant
800-291-4903
The Soaring Eagle Team on Facebook
Follow On Twitter
Your past cannot be changed:
change Tomorrow by your Actions
Today!

Click Here Take your life in a whole new direction!

Ken Wolff
wolff2001@gmail.com
916-704-9238

The Soaring Eagle Team
+1
Bob
Bob Shoaf

202 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/24/2013 8:58:35 PM
I can't handle more than one, Google. lol

I'm sure there are those who will disagree, but I'm too busy.

It's kind of like balancing the checkbook. It's too time consuming.

To your success,

Bob Shoaf
I teach Network Marketers how to Brand themselves, generate Leads, build Relationships and Grow Themselves & Their Teams! www.Bob55.com All for Free in your company! Bob Shoaf (575) 415-8671 Cell Anytime A Mentor with a Servants Heart
+1
Ken
Ken Wolff

1889 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/22/2013 3:46:14 AM
Thanks again Diane for reminding us of this thread and this very valuable forum. Ken
Ken Wolff
wolff2001@gmail.com
916-704-9238

The Soaring Eagle Team
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!