Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Thalassemia: what advice should be given to patient?
6/6/2013 1:56:28 PM
[From my blog]

The patient or child who is suffering from thalassemia should follow the following instructions in his life and every physician should give this advice during consultation or discharge from hospital.

1. Don't eat red meat, liver, brain. As these contains high iron
2. No fruit or meal which are sour in tests. As Vitamin C (predominant component of Sour food material) facilitate iron absorption from gut.
3. No vitamins. As almost all vitamin has iron preparation.
4. Can drink raw or black tea
5. If patient have huge splenomegaly, don't play football or related games where there is chance to get strike on abdomen. If have strike, than patient have chance to have splenic rupture, which is a grave condition
6. Should screen all the siblings and other family members of the disease as it runs in family
7. Should be in touch with a physician
+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Thalassemia: what advice should be given to patient?
6/12/2013 7:23:37 PM

I wish that more folk would take an interest in your posts.

It takes time to get known.

Roger

+1
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2013 9:57:29 PM
Actually this very good information. Perhaps may heed some recommendations. I was anemic as a child drank iron I remember how nasty it was. Recently learned of red cells off a bit. So making diet and exercise change. Thanks for the informative and useful site referral.
~RebelJim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2013 1:17:33 AM
Thanks Hafiz for your info

I have had trouble with anemia too. After an accident was losing blood internally. Never was I told anything like this, but was told to take iron tablets.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/13/2013 7:23:09 AM
Quote:
Thanks Hafiz for your info

I have had trouble with anemia too. After an accident was losing blood internally. Never was I told anything like this, but was told to take iron tablets.

There are various form of anaemia. If it is due to iron deficiency(called IDA-Iron Deficiency Anaemia) , then iron therapy is indicated. But for thalassemia(here also anaemia occur), there just opposite phenomenon happen. As in thalassemia, red cell breakdown is very much common, so there is more iron in blood than other anaemic patient with other reasons. So who is suffering from thalassemia, iron is totally prohibited.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!