Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
'All in the Family' Star Jean Stapleton Dies at 90
6/1/2013 10:19:11 PM
The sweetly naive Edith, in TV's groundbreaking 1970s comedy "All in the Family," has died. She was 90.

Stapleton died Friday of natural causes at her New York City home surrounded by friends and family, her children said Saturday.

Little known to the public before "All In the Family," she co-starred with Carroll O'Connor in the top-rated CBS sitcom about an unrepentant bigot, the wife he churlishly but fondly called "Dingbat," their daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers) and liberal son-in-law Mike, aka Meathead (Rob Reiner).

Read more: Jean Stapleton

1950's Ivory snow detergent commercial featuring Jean Stapleton

Jean Stapleton (Edith Bunker) seen here in the last interview ever made with co-star Carroll O'Connor in 2000.

and I loved the opening of "All in the Family...RIP Jean Stapleton

+2
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: 'All in the Family' Star Jean Stapleton Dies at 90
6/2/2013 9:54:26 AM
Diane, sad news again. She was unique! Rest in peace Jean Stapleton!

Thanks Diane!
+2
RE: 'All in the Family' Star Jean Stapleton Dies at 90
6/2/2013 6:38:39 PM
Quote:
The sweetly naive Edith, in TV's groundbreaking 1970s comedy "All in the Family," has died. She was 90.

Stapleton died Friday of natural causes at her New York City home surrounded by friends and family, her children said Saturday.

Little known to the public before "All In the Family," she co-starred with Carroll O'Connor in the top-rated CBS sitcom about an unrepentant bigot, the wife he churlishly but fondly called "Dingbat," their daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers) and liberal son-in-law Mike, aka Meathead (Rob Reiner).

Read more: Jean Stapleton

1950's Ivory snow detergent commercial featuring Jean Stapleton

Jean Stapleton (Edith Bunker) seen here in the last interview ever made with co-star Carroll O'Connor in 2000.

and I loved the opening of "All in the Family...RIP Jean Stapleton

Everyone loved Jean. She was great.
R.I.P. dear Edith.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!