Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Promoting Affiliate Websites
5/28/2013 1:18:58 PM
This thread is for ideas, concepts, strategies SPECIFICALLY related to the creation and promotion of affiliate websites. Do not post links to the latest "fad" promosite or to any affiliate program sites. You may post a link to an "example" of a well setup website. But be prepared, if it isn't setup very well, you'll hear about it!
David Weed President,
+1
RE: Promoting Affiliate Websites
5/29/2013 3:03:22 AM
Hi David All

I have been promoting online since 1998 and affiliate sites since 2002. I have signed thousands of affiliate downline members to my main programs. In most cases by just by explaining the advantages of being and affiliate, Mainly I recruit online friends as it is important to personally mentor them if possible.

I feel most people can attract down-line members; but educating them to be successful is the hard part, most will not persist until they succeed.

I generally ask them to read some good articles so they will understand the task, this really helps them to understand what is involved. See some articles

Why People Fail In Network Marketing/MLM

The Real Truth Behind Making Good Money 0nline.

Hope this helps.
+1
5/29/2013 10:04:49 PM
Michael,

Lovely success story. But what we are looking for here is the "how" of promoting, not so much the "what".

For example, below you say you've "signed thousands of affiliates", what methods did you use to get them to your pages to "sign up"? Did you just rely on SEO and the SERP's? Did you do any banner ads or text ads? Did you capture emails and send to a list? all of the above?

Details my friend, the devil is in the details!

Quote:
Hi David All

I have been promoting online since 1998 and affiliate sites since 2002. I have signed thousands of affiliate downline members to my main programs. In most cases by just by explaining the advantages of being and affiliate, Mainly I recruit online friends as it is important to personally mentor them if possible.

I feel most people can attract down-line members; but educating them to be successful is the hard part, most will not persist until they succeed.

I generally ask them to read some good articles so they will understand the task, this really helps them to understand what is involved. See some articles

Hope this helps.
David Weed President,
+2
5/30/2013 4:16:44 AM
Hi David All

A short story how I became successful. Like most people do I tried and joined every new opp or promotional tool for two years and instead of making money I became confused and frustrated.

Then around 10 years ago I basically dropped all I was doing and decided I would just promote singles sites. I had my own hosting so I decided to learn html and redirect all people to opportunities through my own web pages so I could control the traffic. Nine out or ten web opportunities or promotion systems fail in two years, so by redirecting my web page traffic through my own pages I did not loose visitors if any opportunity or ad site was to fail..

I began a very hefty advertising campaign by creating many of my own web pages, joining all free advertising sites and communities forums and groups and placing 10 to 20 free ads every day. I also paid an small email promotion service to send out 1 million emails a week. I purchased lots of credits at surf for traffic exchanges.

I started to build my own down-lines and email list by promoting and recruiting affiliates for Adlandpro and OBOads and other free advertising sites. I used free email sending softwre to sent news letters and promotions to my now growing email lists.

Then to get my sites listed high in search engines I decided to buy traffic on surf for traffic exchanges. I did this because google only listed non affiliate pages and pages that already have high traffic to the page..

By having my own network of urls with different content and keywords and high traffic. I then got lots of search engine visitors also. Even though search traffic was below 3% of my total traffic; because I got millions of site visitors to the pages I promoted; search engine visits were substantial. Today I have over 5000 web pages online.

Also I did research by placing free site trackers on most of my web pages. This showed me how many visitors my pages were getting and were they came from.. I wanted to establish how many visitors I would need to get to make one free sign up. Then I researched on how many free sign ups would became paying members. I did this for several different opportunities as by now I was earning from singles sites, lotto sites and advertising sites.

Overall I get about 10 fee signups per 30,000 site visitors and 1 in 5 people who sign up free eventually pay.

I know promote web hosting and earn $150 a sale. This is a system I made myself using my web hosting company hosting template page building system.. As the system I developed promotes many opportunities from one page I also earn on average age about $300 from each sale I make on web hosting.

Most opportunities I promote now have been going well over 5 years and some over 10 years. If anyone has questions I will give my view if I have knowledge in that area..

Two years ago I started my own Australian Business Contacts community at ning com. It comes up No1 in google search for words Australian business contacts.
+2
5/31/2013 8:03:09 PM
Michael,

First, thank you for sharing. The only way we all get to learn something is for someone to share. I hope you don't mind if I use your story as a teaching tool. there is a lot of good stuff for me to work with in here. Also, forgive me if I make any presumptions that are incorrect. The point is to educate not critique your efforts. After all, your efforts have been successful!

OK,
The first thing I want people to take away from this is that this is just one method of promoting an affiliate type site. This may or may not work for you. There are many ways to skin this cat. If one isn't working for you find another.

Notice where Michael started becoming successful. He created his own sites and promoted them! His sites all have links to the various programs he promotes, but the sites belong to him.
This allows him to take non-productive sites and forward their traffic to his productive sites. Smart move.
It also allows him to "retool" a site at will should a program or opportunity fail.
So the first lesson for anyone wanting to promote an affiliate program is to have your own site. or sites. Though managing 5000 seems like "overkill".

More in the next post...
David Weed President,
+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!