Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: About the *HOW* to promote a business forum
5/15/2013 4:07:31 AM
One more thing I'd like to make clear about this thread.

It's not about anyone being right or wrong. It's certainly not about someone being an (insert derogatory name here). We can ALL learn something here. Those sharing can discover the holes in their plans. Those reading can learn something they didn't know. The best part is that each one of us can both share AND read!

IMHO, the only real (insert derogatory name here)(plural) are those that refuse to listen or learn.

David Weed President,
+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/15/2013 11:14:17 AM
Good Morning,
Here is another little something to add before it gets to running in all directions.
I only say this as it has that potential as the wording is very open.

How to Promote A Business?
What exactly are you talking about here? We might need to talk about specific here is there are several type of areas (business) and they have different means of promoting.
So we are understanding each other, and for example to be clear, a local based business Website and a Affiliate that is promoting someone else's program, or products does not fall in the same line of promoting.

We are going to clash hard if we don't first decide what type of business we are talking.
They are not the same and we have a different set of rules.
+0
5/15/2013 3:23:01 PM
Mark,

Good point. Let me try and clarify.

I left it open for a reason. I want it open to discuss any type of business from brick and mortar to AM, IM, local, global, tangibles or digitals.

And yes you are correct that there are different methods, systems, whatever you want to call it for each type of business model. Some methods though are common to all and some are specific to just one particular niche within a business model.

As far as "clashing" goes. It is simple enough to avoid. If your comment is specific to a particular business model, just say so. If you believe it to be more generally applied you can say so or not as you feel at the time.

One more thing about "clashing"; as long as any discussions with opposing views stick to discussing the merits/faults of the area under discussion, a lot can be learned by both sides. It is only when the debate drops to the level of namecalling or personally attacking ones opponent that "clashing" becomes unproductive.

Just because someone doesn't agree with me doesn't mean they are wrong or a fool or insane or etc. etc. I don't hold myself out to be the end all be all on any subject. I'll share what I know and what I believe to be true. I'll back it up with proof where appropriate. But I will also learn as much as I share here, from any and all who participate. I hope that everyone else posting and reading this forum do likewise.

Quote:
Good Morning,
Here is another little something to add before it gets to running in all directions.
I only say this as it has that potential as the wording is very open.

How to Promote A Business?
What exactly are you talking about here? We might need to talk about specific here is there are several type of areas (business) and they have different means of promoting.
So we are understanding each other, and for example to be clear, a local based business Website and a Affiliate that is promoting someone else's program, or products does not fall in the same line of promoting.

We are going to clash hard if we don't first decide what type of business we are talking.
They are not the same and we have a different set of rules.
David Weed President,
+1
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/16/2013 10:31:48 AM
Ok, understood.
Then lets talk about "How to Promote"
Pick one!
+0
Bob
Bob Shoaf

202 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/16/2013 12:30:05 PM
Work on relationship building. People join people, not programs or companies.

Let the companies worry about the how. Hopefully a person is smart enough to know how to judge a person and what is offered training wise.

A pleasant day to all.

Bob
I teach Network Marketers how to Brand themselves, generate Leads, build Relationships and Grow Themselves & Their Teams! www.Bob55.com All for Free in your company! Bob Shoaf (575) 415-8671 Cell Anytime A Mentor with a Servants Heart
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!