Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Herbs and their uses
5/12/2013 4:03:16 AM
Recently learned that Lemon Balm is a natural mosquito repellant also. You can take the leaves, crush them to release the juices, and rub them on your skin to help repel mosquitos.

I haven't tried this yet, since we haven't had a lot of mosquito activity yet this spring, but soon as they come out I'm gonna try it and see how well it works.
Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/1/2013 8:12:56 AM

A most under-used herb is tarragon.

Often used in French cooking this herb has long, soft green leaves and a distinctive aniseed flavour. A perfect match with chicken, it can also be used to flavour oils and vinegars. Dried tarragon retains much of the flavour of fresh, so it is fine to use if you can’t find fresh. It is one of the herbs that makes up fines herbes and is also used in béarnaise sauce.

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/2/2013 1:53:21 AM
Hi Roger,

I never used herbs much at all other then parsley. But on Monday a friend brought the best hamburgers I ever ate. She used several different types of fresh herbs which made the burger simple yummy good. Now I am sold on herbs. Will be doing more with them.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/2/2013 7:40:42 AM
It is a good forum about herbs with their great uses. I am going to make some post regarding this here soon.
+1
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/2/2013 6:13:33 PM
Quote:

A most under-used herb is tarragon.

Often used in French cooking this herb has long, soft green leaves and a distinctive aniseed flavour. A perfect match with chicken, it can also be used to flavour oils and vinegars. Dried tarragon retains much of the flavour of fresh, so it is fine to use if you can’t find fresh. It is one of the herbs that makes up fines herbes and is also used in béarnaise sauce.

There are a lot of herbs that are not used much, or heard about much. We just started growing Tarragon in our herb garden this year. Growing very well.
Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!