Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
We See What We Want To See - Optical illusions Prove It
5/6/2013 7:15:14 PM

When you look at an optical illusion have you ever considered what you see?

image source

There is a fellow over on G+ that I follow that created a post today that I wanted to share with you Kurt Smith is a very cool dude by the way and when you click on his name it will take you straight to his post.

Normally when one curates anything found you normally would add your thoughts to what is being shared, but this is one time that what was said..needs to be kept just the way it is as it was and is very "deep"

We See What We Want To See - Optical illusions Prove It

Optical illusions are great examples of the fact that we see what we want to see.
Sadly, we see what we want to see is one of the biggest obstacles to change happening for ourselves and those we love. I witness people every day who don't see change in themselves or others because they see what they're used to seeing (or what they want to see).
We see what we want to see until we allow ourselves to see something else. Being able to see things multiple (or in new) ways is a powerful skill to develop.

I would respectfully ask that if you share this post, that you attribute it to Kurt Smith with his link as he deserves the proper credit....thanks ( http://goo.gl/uP7ZB )
+2
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: We See What We Want To See - Optical illusions Prove It
5/6/2013 8:31:11 PM

Very interesting.

As a hypnoptherapist I know just what people convince themself is true but isn't.

We have great observational skills but we allow our brain to overide sometimes.

The following isn't really an optical illusion but it proves that we don't always know what seems obvious.

Link

How does he do this?

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/6/2013 8:53:17 PM
Thanks for sharing Diane!
Here, things are not so simple.

The first meninx (closest to the skull) also known as dura matter has 2 layers. Those 2 layers are very deserved for the bigger part of chaos in human lives. People who are "in know how" easily manipulate human eye cornea through the meninx layers, and on eye cornea are deposited all visions of one's life. Scientists and Great Masters are over centuries in search how to disable that kind of abuse of one's life experience, but unfortunately until today, things have not been changed. There are very good signs that very soon would be found a way to stabilize WHAT PEOPLE SEE :). Until then we could feel free to consider all what we see as being, if not delussive - then rather questionable. Over these 2 meningeal layers enter all diseases and all suffering starts there.

So, we are not responsible for what we see, illusion or "real".

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/7/2013 1:11:04 AM

Hi Diane,

So is it not what ones sees another one does not see. Isn't it like understanding. The way I understand it maybe different then the way you understand it.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/7/2013 2:10:13 AM
Many hellos to you Myrna, Branka and Roger...I want to thank you for coming in and stating your thoughts.

The reason I showed this to you is because sometimes these kinds of discussions can be good for the mind, the heart and do I say soul.

I think this post by Kurt resounded in me, because of my own life experiences as well as those who have been close to me at one time or another.

In a way when I read this I read about relationships and how they can go so wrong and when I read this I see those who have been blinded by the illusion of ( should I laugh?)of marketing and how we perceive that we will become rich. When I read this I see people who see only what they want to see whether it be good or bad and when I read this I see all those who have turned to the dark side and see only can see bitterness or hate.

I feel that sometimes we are along a path and sometimes it takes a huge boulder to come crashing down to make us stop and rethink what we are doing..at times that boulder can hurt and other times we can think.

There are those, no matter the obstacle will continue to see the illusions, but for others they will rewrite their reality and hopefully choose a different path..
....hard to say really.

Thank you for letting me have a chance to ramble lol, I do it at times..not often though...time for my path to get a few more things done...it has been a very long day
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!