Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Bosnian Valley of Pyramids
4/26/2013 11:53:13 AM
Quote:
Hi again, Nerma and all.

I have been trying to find a little time to speak about something that was left in the back burner after my last post.

To me, more than any other interesting consideration regarding the Bosnian pyramids,
what is most important is to know what they were intended to, as it is pretty evident that as occurred in so many other places across the world, the cause must have been powerful enough to prompt Boznia's inhabitants to erect them in the first place.

In effect, even more than their visual appeal, it is
the great similarity they have with all other ancient pyramids what mostly grabs an observer's attention. I had previously seen photos of those pyramids myself, but had no idea of their great size and antiquity. Researchers usually say that all pyramids were used for temples and as burial sites, but if the Bosnia ones really were so similar to all other ancient buildings from other times and places, and were built in keeping with the sacred traditional science as I assume occurred all over the world, the uses they were intended to must have been pretty similar as well - in fact identical.

Thus, among other possible uses those pyramids could very likely be intended as temples and observatories, and most particularly as schools where such sciences as astronomy and cosmology could be taught by ancient priests.

One of the methods used for teaching astronomy were very small, individual circular pools filled with crystalline water where the stars were reflected in the nights. In this way, at a minimal cost and simply watching an image which was multiplied at all such observatories during the clear nights, all students could follow the movements of the stars and other celestial bodies at pleasure. No need to watch television there, and far more interesting indeed.

I have not invented this; such simple devices have been proven to exist from most remote times in Mohenho Daro and Harappa in ancient India, in old Sumer in Mesopotamia, etcetera; and I have personally seen the likes of them on top of a
huaca of the Lima culture (a "huaca" is a building almost identical to the mounds in North America) very close to my own house in Miraflores, where I live (there are hundreds, if not thousands of huacas from different cultures in my country). Those devices were not circular like the ones from Asia but square, but I am pretty sure they could not serve to any other purpose than this one.

Elsewhere I have suggested that the many correlations and analogies among the various traditions can only be explained if a common origin is admitted for them all; and in a couple of articles I have reviewed the countless coincidences among different traditions in the matter of ages and cycles, all of them elements whose study, along with the study of certain archetypical universal forms, might help trace back such origin.

And all this because against the common objection by modern scholars that ancient societies hardly possessed a rudimentary technical knowledge, there is increasing evidence that they actually had such advanced skills in mathematics and astronomy that only recently, after long and dark millennia, have been equaled or improved.

Such is the case, for example, of
India, whose knowledge in astronomy was so advanced that it became the ultimate goal for wisdom seekers. A very old jyotisha, Brahma–gupta, deals with such topics as the motion of the planets around the Sun, the ecliptic obliquity, the spherical shape of the Earth, the light reflected from the Moon, the Earth revolution on its axis, the presence of stars in the Milky Way, the law of gravitation – all of which would apparently not see the light in Europe until the time of Copernicus and Newton. At least, that is what we have always been taught.

However, if the Bosnian pyramids really are as old as has been suggested, then the above assumption would be wrong; hence my keen interest in all this matter.

But this post is becoming too lenghty and I will better stop here, lest it may turn out a full treatise. :)

Hugs,

Miguel

This is great post Miguel, thank you.
I am now short with time, and just to add that Slavic people settled to Balkan peninsula between 7th - 10th century. There's a lot to be researched here.
Must bring some other interesting pics, and hope to be able to do it later.
+3
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/26/2013 6:12:11 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Hi again, Nerma and all.

I have been trying to find a little time to speak about something that was left in the back burner after my last post.

To me, more than any other interesting consideration regarding the Bosnian pyramids,
what is most important is to know what they were intended to, as it is pretty evident that as occurred in so many other places across the world, the cause must have been powerful enough to prompt Boznia's inhabitants to erect them in the first place.

the great similarity they have with all other ancient pyramids what mostly grabs an observer's attention. I had previously seen photos of those pyramids myself, but had no idea of their great size and antiquity. Researchers usually say that all pyramids were used for temples and as burial sites, but if the Bosnia ones really were so similar to all other ancient buildings from other times and places, and were built in keeping with the sacred traditional science as I assume occurred all over the world, the uses they were intended to must have been pretty similar as well - in fact identical.

Thus, among other possible uses those pyramids could very likely be intended as temples and observatories, and most particularly as schools where such sciences as astronomy and cosmology could be taught by ancient priests.

One of the methods used for teaching astronomy were very small, individual circular pools filled with crystalline water where the stars were reflected in the nights. In this way, at a minimal cost and simply watching an image which was multiplied at all such observatories during the clear nights, all students could follow the movements of the stars and other celestial bodies at pleasure. No need to watch television there, and far more interesting indeed.

I have not invented this; such simple devices have been proven to exist from most remote times in Mohenho Daro and Harappa in ancient India, in old Sumer in Mesopotamia, etcetera; and I have personally seen the likes of them on top of a
huaca of the Lima culture (a "huaca" is a building almost identical to the mounds in North America) very close to my own house in Miraflores, where I live (there are hundreds, if not thousands of huacas from different cultures in my country). Those devices were not circular like the ones from Asia but square, but I am pretty sure they could not serve to any other purpose than this one.

Elsewhere I have suggested that the many correlations and analogies among the various traditions can only be explained if a common origin is admitted for them all; and in a couple of articles I have reviewed the countless coincidences among different traditions in the matter of ages and cycles, all of them elements whose study, along with the study of certain archetypical universal forms, might help trace back such origin.

And all this because against the common objection by modern scholars that ancient societies hardly possessed a rudimentary technical knowledge, there is increasing evidence that they actually had such advanced skills in mathematics and astronomy that only recently, after long and dark millennia, have been equaled or improved.

India, whose knowledge in astronomy was so advanced that it became the ultimate goal for wisdom seekers. A very old jyotisha, Brahma–gupta, deals with such topics as the motion of the planets around the Sun, the ecliptic obliquity, the spherical shape of the Earth, the light reflected from the Moon, the Earth revolution on its axis, the presence of stars in the Milky Way, the law of gravitation – all of which would apparently not see the light in Europe until the time of Copernicus and Newton. At least, that is what we have always been taught.

However, if the Bosnian pyramids really are as old as has been suggested, then the above assumption would be wrong; hence my keen interest in all this matter.

But this post is becoming too lenghty and I will better stop here, lest it may turn out a full treatise. :)

Hugs,

Miguel

Hi Miguel! Thanks for your post and opinion. I agree with you on everything. Although I think that this is not an important consideration, and it should. Because, according to previous studies Pyramid of the Sun is older than the pyramids in Egypt, and as you can see, the Pyramid of the Moon has similarities with the pyramids in South America. Maybe they were here fused different cultures and left their mark, that we now find them and discover what it is about. For now, it is believed that the Pyramid of the Sun was positive overall energy source. Maybe the pyramid builders engaged in astronomy, with streams, because the discovery of the underground tunnels with a certain amount of water. In doing so, one of these tunnels go under the river flow, which is not negligible. At least I think so.

Thanks again, a warm greeting and a hug for you.
(Bosnia is a Mediterranean climate, but we are warm people) :)

Hi Nerma & Luis,
This is one of the cardinal interests in Adland; exchanging genuine ideas and by so doing, learning a whole bunch of new things.
I love the analysis and relational comparison between the Pyramids of Bosnia and the rest scattered all over the earth and most importantly, their ancient usages!
I quite appreciate what Nerma has revealed here and the interest it has generated in the community.
Many thanks to you all......

+3
Nerma Selimović

197 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/26/2013 9:39:05 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi again, Nerma and all.

Hugs,

Miguel

Hi Miguel! Thanks for your post and opinion. I agree with you on everything. Although I think that this is not an important consideration, and it should. Because, according to previous studies Pyramid of the Sun is older than the pyramids in Egypt, and as you can see, the Pyramid of the Moon has similarities with the pyramids in South America. Maybe they were here fused different cultures and left their mark, that we now find them and discover what it is about. For now, it is believed that the Pyramid of the Sun was positive overall energy source. Maybe the pyramid builders engaged in astronomy, with streams, because the discovery of the underground tunnels with a certain amount of water. In doing so, one of these tunnels go under the river flow, which is not negligible. At least I think so.

Thanks again, a warm greeting and a hug for you.
(Bosnia is a Mediterranean climate, but we are warm people) :)

Hi Nerma & Luis,
This is one of the cardinal interests in Adland; exchanging genuine ideas and by so doing, learning a whole bunch of new things.
I love the analysis and relational comparison between the Pyramids of Bosnia and the rest scattered all over the earth and most importantly, their ancient usages!
I quite appreciate what Nerma has revealed here and the interest it has generated in the community.
Many thanks to you all......

Hi Sam! Thanks for your opinion on this and thank you for such kind words. Appreciate it.
Nice greeting from Bosnia!

+3
5/4/2013 3:10:53 PM
nemam komentar. ostajem zadivljen. istina, za mene je ovo bila nepoznanica. ali, ono što se da videti je više nego očaravajuće.
+3
Nerma Selimović

197 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/4/2013 5:18:28 PM
Quote:
nemam komentar. ostajem zadivljen. istina, za mene je ovo bila nepoznanica. ali, ono što se da videti je više nego očaravajuće.

Hvala! Sigurna sam da bi bio više očaran kada ni ovo uživo vidio i prošao nekim dijelovima koji su dostupni u podzemnim tunelima. To je tek očaravajuće!
+4

facebook
Like us on Facebook!