Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
How to Rescue Your Time
4/11/2013 1:48:52 AM
I don't make many software recommendations but this one is a winner ... if you can handle the truth!

For the last few months, a friend of mine has had a program called RescueTime installed on his computer. Talk about opening his eyes! RescueTime tracks how you are spending time on your computer. It also keeps track of your productivity and whether you are meeting particular goals for yourself.

Each Sunday he gets an email which gives the breakdown ... how many hours did he work? (79 hours and 39 minutes last week!) ... what was his productivity score? (77%) ... what did he spend the most time on? (software development 39 hours and 33 minutes - no surprise there - that's what he does!) ... how much time on Facebook (1 hour and 10 minutes ... not bad! Seriously!!)

The Lite version is free, so no cost involved. There are upgrades with increased stats and features. If you are interested in increasing your productivity and getting the most out of your work time, then RescueTime becomes your accountability partner. Spending too much time on Facebook ... you will know.

This should be required software for anyone who wants to maximize their effectiveness. Thank me later, just as I am thanking him!

Get Rescue Time For Free

God bless,

Dave
+1
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: How to Rescue Your Time
4/11/2013 3:04:42 AM
Hi Dave, thanks for posting this. I know for myself I know that I work so many hours, but to break it down by the minute is something that overwhelms me..I will look into it

Diane
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/11/2013 8:48:25 PM
I think this is going to be very handy for me. Ever since I got Lyme disease, I have been trying to reprogram my brain to work properly again. I am hoping this will help.

Dave
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/12/2013 2:32:58 AM
I really hope that it helps you also :-) My problem is getting into overload and then getting me back to being organized lol ( I think my drinking coffee is my equalizer and helps me with time management...oh ..time for more coffee ha ha ha)
Diane

Quote:
I think this is going to be very handy for me. Ever since I got Lyme disease, I have been trying to reprogram my brain to work properly again. I am hoping this will help.

Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/13/2013 12:25:21 AM
I think I'm on my third pot, today... I have to go back to some of my suppliers and look at getting something for my energy levels, again. To will is one thing, but even the will gets shoved to one side when the fatigue becomes too much.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!