Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Quotes about "Blame"
4/9/2013 2:52:25 PM

Yes, there are times when something is legitimately not our fault. Blaming others, however, keeps us in a stuck state and is ultimately rough on our own self-esteem.
~Eric Allenbaugh

When we blame, we give away our power.
~Greg Anderson

There can be no doubt that the average man blames much more than he praises. His instinct is to blame. If he is satisfied he says nothing; if he is not, he most illogically kicks up a row.
~Arnold Bennett

People who are out to find fault seldom find anything else. It is a waste of time, no matter how much you find fault, it is not going to change anything. It's better to find a remedy. -~James Dye

All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.
~Wayne Dyer

When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look into the reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or our family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and arguments. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change.
~Thich Nhat Hanh

No one to blame! That was why most people led lives they hated, with people they hated. How wonderful to have someone to blame! How wonderful to live with one's nemesis! You may be miserable, but you feel forever in the right. You may be fragmented, but you feel absolved of all the blame for it. Take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame.
~Erica Jong
+3
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Quotes about "Blame"
4/10/2013 8:54:42 PM
For whatsoever I might blame you, I can't do it without praising myself as : superficial, ignorant, stupid, naive ... etc. Instead, I'd sincerely thank you for revealing my weak point. (BB)
+2
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Quotes about "Blame"
4/24/2013 2:31:26 PM
Diane, blame is one of the monsters, so I thought this quote may fit here :

+2
Nerma Selimović

197 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend